Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Registering my car in a different county

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Rev_Night

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Registering my car in a different county

So I have a 350z with UpRev installed, and a check engine light is being thrown due to the CAT/Evap codes. All mods in my car are 49 state legal. The supercharger is from Stillen, the hi-flow cats are Z1 Motorsports, and the exhaust is Motordyne.

Due to the CAT/Evap codes being disabled to 'fix' the check engine light, I can't pass an emissions test in Northern Virginia. Upgrading to the newest version of UpRev will result in no codes being able to be disabled, so the check engine light could probably appear. If not fixed, I def won't be able to do emissions.

While my tuner is going back and forth with UpRev, he said that some of his clients register ("garage") the car in southern counties which don't require emissions. Has anyone done this? Is this feasible for a daily driver?
Old 06-07-2017, 09:25 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

If you have a valid address in the "southern county", I don't see why you would have a problem. But then I don't understand why people who know they have to have emission tests modify their cars so they can't legally pass the test.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Rev_Night

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's just it! Everything I bought I made sure could pass emissions. But after a tune, it was still throwing a check engine light