Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

350z door unlocking problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 08:53 PM
Lightach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z door unlocking problem.

Hello, starting today I have been having some issues unlocking my 2005 350z. It began when I opened the passenger door and my alarm went off. I return with my keys to unlock/lock the door to shut the alarm off. I continue opening the door and checking the passenger side window for unrelated issues I then close my door.

Later on in the day I go back to my car to get something out and none of the doors will unlock. I tried the key fob, I even put the key in the driver side door
But it will not turn to unlock the vehicle . It feels like something is jamming it keeping me from opening the door. The weird thing is, the key normally unlocks my driver side door (I even did it this week).

My license is stuck inside of the car and I'm not sure what to do. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ~lightach

*edit* Upon doing further research it seems as if the door lock actuator is stuck on both the passenger side and the driver side. I have not found a solution yet

Last edited by Lightach; 06-15-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:37 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,059 Likes on 6,523 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightach
Hello, starting today I have been having some issues unlocking my 2005 350z. It began when I opened the passenger door and my alarm went off. I return with my keys to unlock/lock the door to shut the alarm off. I continue opening the door and checking the passenger side window for unrelated issues I then close my door.

Later on in the day I go back to my car to get something out and none of the doors will unlock. I tried the key fob, I even put the key in the driver side door
But it will not turn to unlock the vehicle . It feels like something is jamming it keeping me from opening the door. The weird thing is, the key normally unlocks my driver side door (I even did it this week).

My license is stuck inside of the car and I'm not sure what to do. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ~lightach

*edit* Upon doing further research it seems as if the door lock actuator is stuck on both the passenger side and the driver side. I have not found a solution yet
grab a brick
Old 06-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Can't you pop your trunk and climb in that way??