Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Whataguy5431

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!!!!!

It's official, I can now join the rest of my Z brothers and sisters for real. I finally picked up my new ZR LS/wBO from Ancira Nissan in San Antonio. I ordered it back on Nov 11, it finally arrived 3/2. Thanks by the way to Mr. Potato Head for the lead on a good dealer. They did a superb job!

First off I discovered I'm not a patient person, I'm definately an impulse buyer, so this will be the last car I will ever order.

Secondly, the nearly 4 month wait was worth it, the car is BEAUTIFUL, so glad I got exactly what I wanted.

So...... back to the story line. I pick up the car in SA (75 mi from my house), there is a huge line of thunderstorms thats supposed to run thru the area, but ....... I gotta have that car. So I drive back in some of the worst rain I've seen, I'm not used to a ragtop so the rain hitting the top sounds like HAIL, I'm chittin' in my Burnt Orange ventilated seat, but finally manage to make it home safe and sound.

Anyways, half hr later, skies clear up, kinda like a sign. So, I pull the Z out and start its first wash & Zaino job. Special thanks to Dr. Bonz for all his tips and posts. So, here I am...... can't get passenger door unlocked, go around to drivers, flip switch, shut door, find out passenger is still locked.... and guess what, so is DRIVERS side. Oh yeah, by the way, the owners manual with all sets of keys are locked inside. Please DON'T TELL ME I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS DONE THIS!!!!!!!!.

But no fear, all's well that ends well. Locksmith, $120, free burger coupons, unlocked new car = PRICELESS

Anyways, I'm welcoming my self to the club. I've been trolling this board for about 5 months, lots of good info and people out there, thanks alot. Here's a few pics of Zeta....... oh yeah, another story.

Wife and I went to dinner, top down of course, few glasses of wine and she starts wanting to name the car. Well, I never thought of naming it, I got it a personalized license plate WHATAZ, but really wasn't going to call it "WHATAZ". So she starts talking about how sexy and attractive it is........ I'm thinking Catherine Zeta Jones ....and so I would like you to meet the new member of our family...........Zeta.
Attached Thumbnails Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!!!!!-zeta1.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Whataguy5431

Default another pic

Ain't she sexy?
Attached Thumbnails Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!!!!!-zeta2.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Whataguy5431

Default Zaino Rules

That was a fun 4 hr car wash, Claybar is alot easier than I thought.
Attached Thumbnails Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!!!!!-zeta3.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Whataguy5431

Default Last One

Isn't that the sexiest looking butt you've ever seen.......lol
Attached Thumbnails Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!!!!!-zeta4.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 08:01 PM
wren57
Banned

MMMM, sexy... glad you finally got the car. You can now officially be welcomed to the board.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:19 AM
sparkman

Whataguy5431: IS that an Automatic or a manual? I can't tell from the picture, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't look like the gear shifter I have in my MT.

Love the LS Roadster, btw.. loved it so much I got one of my own . I have the black leather, though.. I am an impulse buyer, and wasn't waiting just to get the BO seats, though they do look hot.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:38 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Yep, it's an Auto

It was a good compromise with my wife, I really wanted her to enjoy driving the car.

And the ventilated burnt orange seats are great. A slight draft is always at your back, cooling as you drive. Heated seats aren't as warm as I thought they'd be, anybody else notice that or do I need to get them adjusted?
Old 03-05-2004, 04:45 AM
ZRAYGO

my seats do heat up. I have the same exact setu but i have a regular coup. My back wont warm up though. its ok...car is still hot looking. I like yours by the way.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:04 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, that car looks hot! Next time a bit of warning would be nice before stories like the locksmith. Almost spit my coffee all over my monitor.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:27 AM
Wil350lieZ

Congrats on Zeta she's a real beauty, I just love theLS color
Old 03-05-2004, 05:31 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Yep, it's an Auto

Originally posted by Whataguy5431
It was a good compromise with my wife, I really wanted her to enjoy driving the car.

And the ventilated burnt orange seats are great. A slight draft is always at your back, cooling as you drive. Heated seats aren't as warm as I thought they'd be, anybody else notice that or do I need to get them adjusted?

Mine take about 5-10 minutes or so to fully heat up.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Whataguy5431

Default Sorry for the coffee spill

But, good thing you weren't driving when you heard the story. Yeah, that was pretty durn embarassing. So far, looks like I'm the only one who's done it. Either that or everyone else is too embarassed to say they did, lol.

Drove into town today to run a few errands, in 1 hours time got 6 compliments. I think I like the color more than I thought, very unique. Kinda like the Brickyard, really stands out and there aren't that many of them out there.

I'm used to the heated seats in the Burb, they will burn your butt & back. But, I think I can adjust to these.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:02 AM
daking350
Banned

Could have been worse..You could have locked your keys in the car with the convertible top down....
Old 03-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Whataguy5431

Default ^^^^^^^^^

So right, then what would I do???????? But I bet it would have been an easier job for the locksmith that way.....lol
Old 03-05-2004, 07:35 AM
Rushguy

Hehe gratz man the car looks awesome. Funny I look at pics of different color Z's on here and I always say damn I shoulda got that color, then I look at my car and go nope I love it. I swear I love almost every color and combo. I once locked my keys inside my car, not the Z. It was 95 degrees out and I'm standing outside my car which is running with the AC on. Lol I felt like a bonehead.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:34 PM
E.F. VaBeach

Thumbs up

Welcome aboard, bro!!

We all have more dumb-a$$ stories than we care to admit.

You made the right choice though, the Z roadster is the greatest. Yours is the first sunset/orange color combo I've seen, and it's killer. Enjoy!
Old 03-06-2004, 04:44 AM
mode101

Looks good ! I like your house too
Old 09-03-2004, 09:12 PM
bkusnir

No worries, I just locked my keys in the car with the ignition running somehow. I think the car automatically locked the doors when I shut the door since the car was running. I seem to recall doing this before except with the windows open (in which case I could easily unlock them). Do not attempt unless you have a spare handy. A trip to 7-11 cost me $45.00. Learned how to steal a 350Z though, which would maybe be useful if I didn't already have one
Old 09-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Losing Grip II

a roadster fan. although i dont really care for the LS color, i love the ventilated BO seats. i think the best combo is the silver stone/bo combo.

welcome!

john
Old 09-04-2004, 10:41 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Reading that your from Texas, the burger coupons, and your license plate, WHATAZ, I thought for a moment there you worked at WHATABURGER. LOL!

Quick Reply: Don't tell me I'm the only one!!!!!!!