Beware of Seller!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Black_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Seller!!!

https://my350z.com/forum/intake/3717...short-ram.html

link to the sale.

He may have respect in alot of the memebers eyes but I bet you guys wouldnt like for this to happen to you. I know you get what you pay for but I paid thinking for actual item not some bootlegged item. for that I would have bought the actual item, I just thought I was getting a hell of a deal. Some times things are to good to be true.

Refunds: $61 plus I have to pay $12 for shipping after paying $75. Its not the amount I care about, becuase I can careless about freaking loosing $20. Its just the fact that I paid for some sh%$ that i thought was an actual product. Hope you guys understand

Said he was selling a short ram aem intake like the title says. What he sold me was a "CUSTOM" fabricated ghetto rigged intake that he made himself. I thought it was a short ram that came from AEM, not from his garage. Not only that but I have to use the stock tubing inorder to make it fit. For that I should of made it myself.

Its a CAI that he cut some how to make it short ram...

The pipe, where I bet air leaks out and this is no where near well cut. Mabey would have considered if it looked descent but this is ridiculous.

The short ram plus you have to add you stock MAF sensor part.

Actual cold air which was custom built into a short ram some how

Old 09-18-2008, 02:31 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not very pretty but functional. Besides isn't that piece completely hidden with rubber tubing?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm, after reading the thread you linked (especially his opening sentence) and seeing the pics he posted describing what he did the only thing i can conclude is that you saw the title but did not comprehend what you was reading or really didn't care because you thought you was getting an AEM short ram, a used one, for $75. i do not see how you could not read that it was a modified CAI.
Originally Posted by THE_SCHROED
I stopped runnin this as a cold air, because the filter kept getting soaked when it rained. I replaced the filter about 10k miles ago with a K&N off of one of my friends car. It sounds great and doesn't look too bad either. I added a small piece of angled pipe to get more airflow. It's removable if you wanna run it without though. I guess I'll sell it for 50$ or 75$ shipped. The tubing has some scratches and the filter is kinda dirty so thats why I'm selling it kinda cheap.
even when he posted he did not have the full CAI parts for it anymore after he modified it.
Originally Posted by THE_SCHROED
I can get it, but I don't have the other stuff you need anymore. There are a few harnesses and a bracket that are long gone.
I give him kudos for even giving you some of the money back.

So you sir, got no one to blame but yourself for this. sucks you have to go and make a call out thread just to point out your own ignorance. my advice to you would be to read, comprehend what you read, then read again to make sure you understand before you buy anything and quit blaming others for your mistakes.

Last edited by Z04; 09-18-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:46 PM
SpoilsofWar

Gotta agree with Z04 on this. You got what was pictured.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep. Z04 covered it
Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM
THE_SCHROED

Wow, he made a new thread when I already had one posted. Should I just go through with paypal now so it's not too late.
https://my350z.com/forum/lounge-off-...-vs-buyer.html
Old 09-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Z04

personally, i would not give him anything. except a warm glass of STFU.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
wren57
Banned

Seller did nothing wrong. A case of buyer's remorse. Too bad, so sad.
THE_SCHROED

I already gave him the 61. I shouldn't have but I guess since he is going to be like this I'll have to go through paypal.
Tubbs

Drama!!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:56 PM
SpoilsofWar

Originally Posted by Z04
personally, i would not give him anything. except a warm glass of STFU.
+1, why are you even refunding his money? He got what you advertised and pictured.

I can't believe this guy would be complaining about getting any of his money back.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:58 PM
jammin

lulz
Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
THE_SCHROED

Here is what I posted in the other thread, I'll just move it over here and close that one.

I recently sold my old AEM intake to a new member on here. He got it and wasn't happy with the product so I told him I would refund the money. He paid 75$ via paypal, which I got 71. I spent 12 on shipping, so I didn't refund him his whole amount. Instead I gave him 61 back, he is very upset with this and says he's not going to ship it back. I'm trying to be rational before I go to paypal, but he's not making it easy. He's was texting me for like 2 hours during class today, and it's starting to get annoying. 75$ and the intake are not a big deal to me, I just don't like to get jerked around. I was very considerate with him last night by answering all of his questions on the phone at 12:00 at night. He couldn't get it to fit up, and thought I was messing with him when I said he had to use the OEM MAF housing. He called my intake a home depot piece of shi, because I put an extra piece of pipe to make the filter sit angled for more air. Here are pics of said intake. He knew exactly what he was getting, I posted plenty of pics in the for sale thread.

Ryan
Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It could not have been stated better in his for sale thread. Deal with it, you got exactly what he was selling
Old 09-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

First off, money should have never been refunded to buyer until the intake was in sellers possession.

Second, the fact that seller didn't make buyer pay PayPal fees is the sellers fault not the buyers. I think the refund should have been for the full price (shipping could be argued but PayPal will make Seller do full refund if there is no Gentlemen's agreement on this).

Now the true kicker is that the Seller was specific in the title/thread so there should be no refund especially since the pictures showed all that was included.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:24 PM
THE_SCHROED

I just placed the dispute through paypal. It's sad it had to come to this.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Black_z33

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
First off, money should have never been refunded to buyer until the intake was in sellers possession.

Second, the fact that seller didn't make buyer pay PayPal fees is the sellers fault not the buyers. I think the refund should have been for the full price (shipping could be argued but PayPal will make Seller do full refund if there is no Gentlemen's agreement on this).

Now the true kicker is that the Seller was specific in the title/thread so there should be no refund especially since the pictures showed all that was included.

After looking at for sale thread I have come to admit that yes I was so focused at the title that I really didnt look at the pictures close enough (I thought thats how aem company served there short ram like, hence was my fault for not searching), but c'mon if you guys would get something looking like that, I mean damn i bet none of you guys would feel like you paid 75$ the pics dhid that piece.

I told him exactly what this member said "Second, the fact that seller didn't make buyer pay PayPal fees is the sellers fault not the buyers. I think the refund should have been for the full price (shipping could be argued but PayPal will make Seller do full refund if there is no Gentlemen's agreement on this)."

but he said no $61 becuase of shipping fees and paypal fees + I have to pay shipping for myself. Thats when I got pissed. Trust me I dont want his intake just atleast my money back. just my two cents
Old 09-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I see nothing wrong here...

SCHROED sold what he advertised.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:56 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_z33
but he said no $61 becuase of shipping fees and paypal fees + I have to pay shipping for myself. Thats when I got pissed. Trust me I dont want his intake just atleast my money back. just my two cents
Fawk that. If I buy something and want a refund, IF the other person gives me a refund, his out of pocket costs which I did not pay for should be expected.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Black_z33
After looking at for sale thread I have come to admit that yes I was so focused at the title that I really didnt look at the pictures close enough (I thought thats how aem company served there short ram like, hence was my fault for not searching), but c'mon if you guys would get something looking like that, I mean damn i bet none of you guys would feel like you paid 75$ the pics dhid that piece.

I told him exactly what this member said "Second, the fact that seller didn't make buyer pay PayPal fees is the sellers fault not the buyers. I think the refund should have been for the full price (shipping could be argued but PayPal will make Seller do full refund if there is no Gentlemen's agreement on this)."

I do understand. It looks hella shitty and ghetto. The fact that the seller used something so shitty speaks volumes about their tastes, but you did choose to buy used.

Quick Reply: Beware of Seller!!!