Notices
370Z Exterior & Interior 370Z body kits, exterior modification, interior styling and lighting

Is the interior really that good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Tonemeister20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the interior really that good?

OK before getting blasted with a minimum post I do have a question for the forum members. I have an 08 touring and if the dealer gives me a good price I will trade cars for a 370. Went in the other day and he wanted sticker so I can wait until the price drops. However i keep reading the best part of the new car is the interior which to me is not really all that different than my 08. and for every positive there is a negative. for example the new gauges are easier to read but the replacement for the gas gauge with a digital readout looks out of place. Better cup holder and temp controls but the shift paddles just clutter up the dash. Nice to have a glove box back and happy the nav space is covered in leather but that is really not that big of a deal for me. I definitely like the bar in the trunk out of the way.

After the first group of must haves get their 370s I will get one because of the aggressive appearance and better body style.

Does anyone know invoice for a touring without nav, or spoiler package and how much these options are at cost?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:08 PM
scrapser

Personally I think the 370's appearance is messed up but everyone has their preference. I have examined the interior and found the space to feel a bit boxed in like. You also don't get full leather seats and the shift has a soft leather covering in front of it that reaches to each side where the knee pads are positioned. The kneepads stick up above the console on each side effectively creating a little fenced in area in front of the shift (a dust trap). The whole dashboard also is much more vertical than the 350. Along with the other points about the instrumenation that people have listed, I think the interior has better materials than the 350 but the design exhibits the same "thrown together" look to it as the exterior. You also lose space in the hatch area even though the stabilizer bar has been moved forward and exposed (effectively you have a big pipe behind the seats...nice touch Nissan).

I don't know...you have an '08 and are willing to lose money and pay even more for the 370? Personally I would get my value out of what you already have; the feeling that you upgraded will wear off as quickly as the new car smell and then where will you be? Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tonemeister20
OK before getting blasted with a minimum post I do have a question for the forum members. I have an 08 touring and if the dealer gives me a good price I will trade cars for a 370. Went in the other day and he wanted sticker so I can wait until the price drops. However i keep reading the best part of the new car is the interior which to me is not really all that different than my 08. and for every positive there is a negative. for example the new gauges are easier to read but the replacement for the gas gauge with a digital readout looks out of place. Better cup holder and temp controls but the shift paddles just clutter up the dash. Nice to have a glove box back and happy the nav space is covered in leather but that is really not that big of a deal for me. I definitely like the bar in the trunk out of the way.

After the first group of must haves get their 370s I will get one because of the aggressive appearance and better body style.

Does anyone know invoice for a touring without nav, or spoiler package and how much these options are at cost?
You have got to be kidding me, right?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Tonemeister20

Originally Posted by scrapser
Personally I think the 370's appearance is messed up but everyone has their preference. I have examined the interior and found the space to feel a bit boxed in like. You also don't get full leather seats and the shift has a soft leather covering in front of it that reaches to each side where the knee pads are positioned. The kneepads stick up above the console on each side effectively creating a little fenced in area in front of the shift (a dust trap). The whole dashboard also is much more vertical than the 350. Along with the other points about the instrumenation that people have listed, I think the interior has better materials than the 350 but the design exhibits the same "thrown together" look to it as the exterior. You also lose space in the hatch area even though the stabilizer bar has been moved forward and exposed (effectively you have a big pipe behind the seats...nice touch Nissan).

I don't know...you have an '08 and are willing to lose money and pay even more for the 370? Personally I would get my value out of what you already have; the feeling that you upgraded will wear off as quickly as the new car smell and then where will you be? Just my 2 cents.
I am not going to trade until the amount is close to the different value for the cars. For example if there is a 3K difference at wholesale between an 06 and 07 then my purchase price would be 3K and then an allotted amount of profit to be argued about and agreed to. I am in no hurry to trade however I do like the 370 and would not mind having one. As soon as the deals come around I will get in line and the way the economy is right now I do not think it will take too long. I drove my 300z for 12 years.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
scrapser

Wow...12 years for the 300...that's pretty decent. I hope it speaks of what to expect from the 350. I only put about 5K a year on mine (it will be three years old in mid-April and right now has just over 15K on it). I'm happy for you that you like the 370...pardon my previous comments...they're my own opinion and I don't mean to rag on the car that much but it still bugs me that it turns me off so much. I was really looking forward to the car actually.

If all goes well, I should be able to keep the 350 looking good until the next generation comes out in 5 or 6 years. By then my car will have just under 50K and should be a good value for resale. That plus whatever I save up should put me in good shape to buy the next Z outright or maybe even get a GTR or comparable.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Kiriller

Don't read what others say, in the end, your buying the car for your self, not for others. If you like it, take it, if you don't, let it be
Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Interior is really nice in the touring + sports model.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Tonemeister20

Originally Posted by Changvi
Read the thread "finally got to see the 370z with pics. the interior was sick" That is just one of many. maybe there is a big difference between the pre 06 and post ones.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

i have an 06 and i see a big improvement in the interior.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:34 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The interior is kind of really good but not like really awesome good.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Scipher21

Originally Posted by Changvi
no its not much different. the ****ing center console is different with gauges changed up slightly. i like the cup holder area of the 08 more than the 370.

seriously its a nice interior but its not a ****ing heavenly figure.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ITs a step up but its no beemer/lexus/acura/benz. The less hard plastic, and little bit more leather is nice.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 AM
scrapser

Like everything else on the 370, the interior is an incremental improvement in some areas and a step backwards in others.

Anyone who has a recent model 350 should just keep it unless they have money to burn. The 370 is not that big of an improvement, you will essentially be buying new car smell.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Scipher21

Originally Posted by scrapser
Like everything else on the 370, the interior is an incremental improvement in some areas and a step backwards in others.

Anyone who has a recent model 350 should just keep it unless they have money to burn. The 370 is not that big of an improvement, you will essentially be buying new car smell.
i was going to trade my 08 in this weekend, but decided that by the time i do that, there will be something else out there that i want.. and its a waste of money, just digging a deeper hole for myself.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
XIceDragonX

if you want a 370z and just recently purchased a 350z but have the money to buy one and are thinking about it.... your best bet would be to get the GTM 3.8 high rev stroker engine kit done to your car, have the same size cams as stock and no tuning, than throw a horrible body kit on the car, and you'll have 2010's 380z.

Not knocking GTM's stuff, I personally love their 3.8 high rev, but all nissan did was the same exact thing GTM did, just with lower quality stuff.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Renesis07

I think theres a huge improvement in the interior from the 350 to the 370.

IMHO, my LEAST favorite part of the 350Z was the interior.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
blazefast

Just sat in a 370z Touring yesterday and yes, the interior has been upgraded quite a bit in terms of materials. The general layout is nearly the same, and as one other person said, it has a very 'vertical' feel which I'm not sure if I like. Overall though, the interior feels much nicer.

Will I upgrade from my '08? Most likely no, unless I absolutely love the synchro-rev feature in the test drive, and I only have to pay something like $4000 or less to trade cars, which isn't very likely.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
SemperFiV12

Well this is soley my opinion, but i PREFER (yes you read correctly) the 350 interior over the 370. These are supposed to be sports cars, why are you trying to cover it up with leather? You want to focus on the interior go and make some other type of car, but I look at A/C and radio as a priviledge.

I dont use my Z as a track toy yet, dont even drive it hard... Not really using it as a sports car, but that is the definition of sports cars - less comfort sacrificed for performance. As a DD i still like my 350 over the 370... but again thats just me. I like the new Navi however and ovviously the 3.7 engine. Thats it.

As said before it is all a personal preference. You need to focus on what you like. If its worth it in the end trade in your 350 for the 370, if not then hold on to it. I can assure you, that either descision you make will not be dissappointing. Best of luck!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

I like it better than that 350s for sure
Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SemperFiV12
Well this is soley my opinion, but i PREFER (yes you read correctly) the 350 interior over the 370. These are supposed to be sports cars, why are you trying to cover it up with leather? You want to focus on the interior go and make some other type of car, but I look at A/C and radio as a priviledge.

I dont use my Z as a track toy yet, dont even drive it hard... Not really using it as a sports car, but that is the definition of sports cars - less comfort sacrificed for performance. As a DD i still like my 350 over the 370... but again thats just me. I like the new Navi however and ovviously the 3.7 engine. Thats it.

As said before it is all a personal preference. You need to focus on what you like. If its worth it in the end trade in your 350 for the 370, if not then hold on to it. I can assure you, that either descision you make will not be dissappointing. Best of luck!
lulz, why dont you just strip the interior out since its a "sports" car. personally, i would like to have my cake and eat it too.

Quick Reply: Is the interior really that good?