370Z Wheels & Tires 370Z Rims and treads

370ZR sport Rays 19" stock rim question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 07:43 AM
fun4four

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 370ZR sport Rays 19" stock rim question

Hi,
Quick question regarding the Ray's 19" rims that come on the 2013 sport models.
Looking to get some 15mm spacers for the front. Have been reading that the OEM studs are to long in the front and will protrude out beyond the spacer interfering with the mounting surface of the rim if you buy the spacers with the studs. My '06 OEM rims had relieves in the mounting surface as shown in the picture.

So, do my rims on my 2013 sport have the same reliefs or something similar that will allow the OEM stud/nut to protrude into? I wont be able to check for the next couple of days but would like to order the spacers now.

Thanks for info.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:19 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by fun4four
Hi,
Quick question regarding the Ray's 19" rims that come on the 2013 sport models.
Looking to get some 15mm spacers for the front. Have been reading that the OEM studs are to long in the front and will protrude out beyond the spacer interfering with the mounting surface of the rim if you buy the spacers with the studs. My '06 OEM rims had relieves in the mounting surface as shown in the picture.

So, do my rims on my 2013 sport have the same reliefs or something similar that will allow the OEM stud/nut to protrude into? I wont be able to check for the next couple of days but would like to order the spacers now.

Thanks for info.
Going to say yes, the reliefs are there. I've had, at one point or another, 5 different sets of Z34 wheels in my garage, three Nismo LMGT5 sets (Z34N stock wheels), a set of LMZ5 Nismo S-Tune wheels (currently on my 33) and a set of the earlier Z34 Sport wheels (not the same as the ones you pictured) and they all had the reliefs in the spoke backs.

But then again, I'm only going to give it a 90% chance to hedge my bets because someone at Nissan might be wanting to make a monkey out of me. Laff.

Double check the offset.... Z34 front wheels are all over the place. The ones I have on my car are +47, the ones you pictured, I BELIEVE have +40. Either way, a 15mm spacer will do the trick either way but.... if they're +47, consider a 20mm spacer, depending on how you want them to fit.
The following users liked this post:
speedk1ng (09-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2017, 06:09 AM
fun4four

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

MicVelo - Thanks for the reply on the rims. Guess to be sure I'll have to pull off a front. I had 20mm front and 25mm rear on my 06 but by using a tape measure I feel I need to reduce that 5mm for both front and rear on these rims to get them almost flush.