Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Chris Macellaro Tuned my SC Z.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009 | 04:31 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Thumbs up Chris Macellaro Tuned my SC Z.

I set the retune schedule with chris macellaro about few weeks ago, and i decided to upgrade my pulley as well. ( Thanks to nexx for gave me his info )
Today i went to meet chris macellaro, i told him about what issue i'm having plus how i feel when i drive down the road. He did explain to me very well about issue that i'm having and things and he even grab me from block away to show me what is going on dyno, how's my car running at this RPMs/boost, whatever he found out and what he is going to do. He was actually walking with me all the things that he is doing and there things he can not do. He ran few dynos and he brought this funny numbers
( And i actually liked his " forged Performance " logo T shirt )
I did put down 399.9 whp haha temp was around 90~95 degree when he tuned my car. And here is dyno sheet and some pictures.

Boost/Power

Power/TQ

Before

Car runs strong and so smooth in this freaking 95 degree hot weather!! i don't know how to explain this but car runs like damm smooth and top of that smaller pulley gives me a power/tq anytime!
Glad that we have a great tuner in local. He has skills, great price and honest what else do you want?

Here is his info, if anyone needs a help.
http://www.macellarosperformancetuning.com/

Thanks to Chris Mecellaro, seth and my350z SC members.
Old 05-27-2009 | 04:35 PM
Nexx

400whp on a dyno dynamics is STRONG. I bet it actually scares you now right? I'm so glad there is a solid tuner in the area. Congrats J!
Old 05-27-2009 | 04:44 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

Very nice, congrats.
Old 05-27-2009 | 04:50 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Nexx
400whp on a dyno dynamics is STRONG. I bet it actually scares you now right? I'm so glad there is a solid tuner in the area. Congrats J!
Its already running strong and smooth in this weather temp...i wanna see at night time I'm also glad that we have a great tuner in our area, i did mention to him about you as well. Thanks again Nexx.
Old 05-27-2009 | 04:52 PM
Nexx

how long did it take and how much did he charge if you dont mind me asking.
Old 05-27-2009 | 04:54 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

FP T shirt FTMFW!!!!!
Old 05-27-2009 | 05:03 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Nexx
how long did it take and how much did he charge if you dont mind me asking.
Actually it didn't take that long, it ran only few runs on dyno and he more focus doing on computer. It took only 2 hours ? ( Start count from putting the car on dyno) and his min charge is 250 ( if you go to the shop that he recommand) which not bad at all. Plus you have to pay for dyno dynamic hourly charge to shop( depends on what shop he recommand but mine was 50/hr. )
Old 05-27-2009 | 05:07 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
FP T shirt FTMFW!!!!!
i know it surprised me as well. But he told me he knows sharif very well and he told me good stuff about sharif@forged. What i know is sharif and chris loves dyno dynamic for sure.
Old 05-27-2009 | 05:10 PM
Nexx

^^ that's what i like to hear. i guess sharif wont mind too much if chris does some tuning on my car once i put some more goodies on it.
Old 05-27-2009 | 05:42 PM
str8dum1

good deal.

just like i had been saying low end trq doesnt change much at all when you up the pulley. at 3k, you are at 275 with the 2.87 and maybe 260ish with the 3.12.

thats why it makes no sense at all to use some sort of boost limiting valve. all you will do in the end is create a lot of extra heat.

you make WAYY more power/psi than I do.
Old 05-27-2009 | 05:57 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Time for you to come to the drag strip and prove you actually have those claimed 399.9 hp.
Old 05-27-2009 | 06:25 PM
chopperman

Nice numbers J!! I just got my motor back yesterday so hopfully the car will be back together next week!
Old 05-27-2009 | 06:50 PM
tylerxfire

nice chef...i agree get it to the track and see what it will do...and u know im gonna ask, lol is ur check engine light on or throwing any codes now? i talked with chris a while ago seemed like a great guy, wish he was closer cause i hear he is a great tuner
Old 05-27-2009 | 07:00 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by str8dum1
good deal.

just like i had been saying low end trq doesnt change much at all when you up the pulley. at 3k, you are at 275 with the 2.87 and maybe 260ish with the 3.12.

thats why it makes no sense at all to use some sort of boost limiting valve. all you will do in the end is create a lot of extra heat.

you make WAYY more power/psi than I do.
Can not really read from your dyno sheet ( your HP list got cut out from picture). Anyway now i understood what you told me..." all in tune "

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Time for you to come to the drag strip and prove you actually have those claimed 399.9 hp.
Long as not on weekend, i'm ready to go have fun bro. SO TAKE ME WITH YOU!!! SucKA!

Originally Posted by chopperman
Nice numbers J!! I just got my motor back yesterday so hopfully the car will be back together next week!
Must was bad luck for us? still remember we were sitting at hal's office and talked about cars and BS...it's has been only month and half...we both went thru bad things...Glad that your motor got fix and i'm excited to see your new numbers. Put that Z back on the road, it's time for us to have fun with the Z!
Old 05-27-2009 | 07:12 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Long as not on weekend, i'm ready to go have fun bro. SO TAKE ME WITH YOU!!! SucKA!
The last two times I went to the track were on weekdays. Where were you? You and all other DFW members hide when I bring up drag racing.

If and when you finally decide to man up and come out, just don't cry if all you see are my taillights.
Old 05-27-2009 | 07:12 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
nice chef...i agree get it to the track and see what it will do...and u know im gonna ask, lol is ur check engine light on or throwing any codes now? i talked with chris a while ago seemed like a great guy, wish he was closer cause i hear he is a great tuner
Yea i was waitting for that tyler But you forgot to ask about piggy back and orisis!? lol

I haven't get any code yet, only time can tell. I'm pretty sure i will get a code, but which not a big of deal for me now. Talked to one of shop guy, he told me it is possible and there is so many way you can try. So don't give up!

imo osiris is better choice to not get a code ( if compare with emanage). i don't know...i love my utec now, it's just a can not control stock ECU at idle other than that works great. I'm start save some money for other parts first and hopefully end of this year i can go with standalone with RFS.
Old 05-27-2009 | 07:17 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
The last two times I went to the track were on weekdays. Where were you? You and all other DFW members hide when I bring up drag racing.

If and when you finally decide to man up and come out, just don't cry if all you see are my taillights.
I'm ready to blow your NOS! haha my car ran crap for while...didn't even want to go push hard and ahhh long story but anyway i'm ready to go learn(?) LOL teach me the rule about drag racing...
Old 05-27-2009 | 07:23 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

I'm ready to blow your NOS! haha my car ran crap for while...didn't even want to go push hard and ahhh long story but anyway i'm ready to go learn(?) LOL teach me the rule about drag racing...
I don't have NOS!

Yeah, I knew about your situation, so I was just messing around. It's not really my nitrous you have to worry about. If I keep pulling low 1.7s, even Jason/Nexx will be forced to play catch up.

I'll definitely let you know next time I go back out to the strip.
Old 05-27-2009 | 07:26 PM
tylerxfire

Yea i was waitting for that tyler But you forgot to ask about piggy back and orisis!? lol

I haven't get any code yet, only time can tell. I'm pretty sure i will get a code, but which not a big of deal for me now. Talked to one of shop guy, he told me it is possible and there is so many way you can try. So don't give up!

imo osiris is better choice to not get a code ( if compare with emanage). i don't know...i love my utec now, it's just a can not control stock ECU at idle other than that works great. I'm start save some money for other parts first and hopefully end of this year i can go with standalone with RFS.

keep me updated on if u do end up throwing any...

as far as drag racing get out there and give it hell man..depending on tire if u go on street just roll out easy and then smack it and bang those gears, did u see the time i put up first time out? cant wait to get some more power cracking and get back out there, or at least a little more seat time
Old 05-27-2009 | 07:28 PM
tylerxfire

or at least reset ur odometer so i know how many miles u went before throwiing a code ..thanks man

Quick Reply: Chris Macellaro Tuned my SC Z.