Notices
Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

The Rich Jerk Link at the top

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 06:42 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Ok I'm sure I'll hear some grief over this one."

Yeah, pretty much.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:48 AM
funkymonkey1111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's hilarious is that when you compare the "rich jerk" and his pyramid scheme to an actual business that's not run for the purpose of fleecing someone's pockets without return, there are glaring differences (even to a legitimate franchise).

does warren buffet or say bill gates say "hey, we need your help, this is a great opportunity!!!!!"? absolutely not--they buy up your business and keep it for THEMSELVES. that's the hallmark of a legit business versus a scam like this. did GM post an add on this board saying "would you like to get in the car manufacturing business? here's how!" ? of course not.

the second trait that's very indicative of a scam is the required email, just to view the site. what the hell kind of site requires that? one that's trying to screw you, that's what. If you inquire about opening say, a wendy's franchise, are they going to require an email even before you get in the door? of course not--it's a chicken$hit approach to conducting business. of course, the guy is a "rich jerk!" so it's all OK, now isn't it. Next, when you decide that the wendy's franchise isn't for you, do they send you to the wikipedia page for "loser" (or whatever the hell it says?) of course not, because they are legit, not scammers.

finally, another trait of the almost cultlike hold scams like this have on people is the inability of those defending it to see any other possible scenario other than they are right. witness the defenses of Godzilla to posts criticizing the scam over 14 pages of posts.

so, frankly, if this Godzilla character wants to keep the banner ad up, fine, like everyone says, it's his board to moderate. but, just know, Godzilla, i think you look pretty tacky in the process. but then again, that's your right.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:32 PM
RodeMode

Originally Posted by funkymonkey1111
it really is lowbrow. click the link--if it doesn't put spyware on your machine i'd be suprised. next, it requires an email address to get in--another mark of a scam website. then, when you click the "leave site" button, it goes to the entry for "sissy" on wikipedia--yet another sign of a scam--attacking your own self image.
this sight proudly proclaims that "disrespectful members will be banned." instead, the site itself disrespects every member by putting that banner ad up.
+2
The more I see posted about this thing, the more it reminds me of stuff I've read on a site called 'scam.com', which shares great info about just this sort of shady bs, mainly informercials & the like. Members state how viewers are lured to call with empty promises for what is always referred to as a *system*, and you'll only pay the proverbial $29.99 or 39.99. Then between the newsletters, advanced courses you've (as in everyone) been later specially selected to participate in, selling your info to other scammers 'n spammers, yada yada, it all comes down to buzzards circling prey.

Another common scam is to pay the fee to get the dirt on how to make all this money, only to be instructed to run the same type of ad. There's a reason pyramid schemes are illegal. Sadly, many con artists tread just barely on the right side of the law and skirt around it. Or, they're trigger ready to flee, & just start up under a new name. Buyer beware. For the very few who post supportive messages for this bs, it's a lame argument to suggest it's this, or stay stuck in the status quo. To them, let's just say, one can think out of the box without being a con.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:48 AM
gixx76
Banned

A vote should be made by the people who keep this site alive ...because in my opinion if it were not for the registered users this site would not even exist..."rich jerk", "ultimate wealth package" and all the other make money schemms that are out ther are all non legit ..they are all scams and I have been reviewing and writing about them for some time now.. I warn anyone with a brain to not even support these junk dealers with clicking on there links,,and also i am disturbed that the modorator for this great site has the ***** to promote such garbage ..go deal drugs man you'll get more respect....this goDzilli femme bot is disrespecting every member registered to this site with promoting such garbage...a vote should be taken to stop this kind of crap from infiltrating a once great forum.

V
Old 10-31-2006, 08:03 AM
Nissanity

Originally Posted by gixx76
A vote should be made by the people who keep this site alive ...because in my opinion if it were not for the registered users this site would not even exist..."rich jerk", "ultimate wealth package" and all the other make money schemms that are out ther are all non legit ..they are all scams and I have been reviewing and writing about them for some time now.. I warn anyone with a brain to not even support these junk dealers with clicking on there links,,and also i am disturbed that the modorator for this great site has the ***** to promote such garbage ..go deal drugs man you'll get more respect....this goDzilli femme bot is disrespecting every member registered to this site with promoting such garbage...a vote should be taken to stop this kind of crap from infiltrating a once great forum.

V
I second the motion. Ads, in particular, should be restricted to Z performance-related stuff only. If noobie Joe Schmo came along posting this sh*t all over the site, they'd be banned in a heartbeat.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:08 AM
gixx76
Banned

A famous Godzilla Quote that i think we all have read at some point................Disrespectful Members will get banned
If you do not have anything nice to say or informative then dont post anything at all.

This is an automotive site where people come to find and share information, not a place a place to come and crack jokes about someone for asking a question, remember we were all Noobs at one time

this doesnt say this is an automotive site where we think our users need more money so we will promote a scam so our users can make others rich and end up pissed off and broke in the end.... hopefully there are more than just a few of us how care that this garbage has made it into this great community of entusiasts and hopefully we can do something to get enthusiasm back and the ripoff links and posts saying they are good practice removed....If you want to make money fine ..but do it up front and honestly...In no way shape or form is that the case with any get rich quick scheme..including richjerk... REMOVE THE LINKS FOR RICHJERK AND THE BOYCOTT WILL STOP..LEAVE IT UP AND I WILL MAKE SURE WORD GETS OUT GODZILLA ...P.S. I WONT CHARGE PEOPLE TO LISTEN.

Last edited by gixx76; 10-31-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Echo853

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gixx76
REMOVE THE LINKS FOR RICHJERK AND THE BOYCOTT WILL STOP..
Might mean more if you had over 2 posts... why not post this under your real account username?

While I'm not a big fan of the link, I simply don't look at it. Nor do I recommend this site to anyone else, because quite frankly that link brings down the site somewhat. But I'm still going to visit this site regardless.

-Mike (doesn't believe in idle threats)
Old 11-01-2006, 03:13 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Echo853
Might mean more if you had over 2 posts... why not post this under your real account username?

While I'm not a big fan of the link, I simply don't look at it. Nor do I recommend this site to anyone else, because quite frankly that link brings down the site somewhat. But I'm still going to visit this site regardless.

-Mike (doesn't believe in idle threats)
I agree on the 2 posts count.

Anyway, its been up there long enough anyone going to check it out would have checked it out by now.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:44 PM
diwun67

Holy crap it's gone!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:37 PM
hardrock905

Hey dammit! Where did the link go? I wanna get rich! j/k
Glad to see it's gone.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:44 PM
panczuk-phil

my daddy always told me that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. He never steered me wrong; I might check it out for the sake of open-mindedness though.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:40 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Send me your daddy's credit card and we will both be rich I promise.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by panczuk-phil
my daddy always told me that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. He never steered me wrong; I might check it out for the sake of open-mindedness though.
Oh just call me Hraesvelg.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:59 AM
BRS0903

What ever happened to the Rich Jerk link at the top?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BRS0903
What ever happened to the Rich Jerk link at the top?
Raceboy ripped it down on his way out.