Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

On My Way To Korea.......Maybe

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:36 AM
phase1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On My Way To Korea.......Maybe

Well, it looks like I might be on my way back to Korea. Just waiting on the official paper work and other things.

Anyways, I wondering about any tuning shops over in Korea that can work on the 350Z. Does anyone know of some reputable shops there in Seoul or any other areas???

I am in Iraq right now. When I get back to the states I am looking to pick up the '07 Z. If all goes as planned, about 2 weeks after I return to the states from Iraq I will leave for Korea. Due to time constraints it doesn't look like I will have enough time to do all the work on the car I want to before I leave. So it looks like I will have to wait to do a lot of the work when I get over to Korea.

I'll probably have to wait anyways since there are not a whole lot of performance parts out there for the new '07.

If anyone has any info, opinions, or advice.....hit me up. If your over in Korea now, hope to be there soon and meet up with the fellow Z's.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:22 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your best bet is to PM leeboyNY.
I'm sure he'll be able to hook you up since he's located in Korea.
He has a nice Turbonetics ST Z btw.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:46 AM
in2therain3

Hey I'm actually headed to korea in a week or so..
I won't have my car though
But I still want to meet up with fellow VQ (I have a G lol) owners
Old 02-24-2007, 10:46 AM
in2therain3

Oh and I believe leeboyNY has a APS ST.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:46 PM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by in2therain3
Oh and I believe leeboyNY has a APS ST.
Ok my bad lol
Old 02-26-2007, 06:18 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

ㅋㅋㅋ I didn't see this post... All the PMs have been replied to phase1 and in2therain3.

I'm currently helping several G35 and 350z friends in korea with their FI tuning.
VQ popularity is picking up in South korea!!! There are quite many FIed 350z/G35 in Korea now.. There is even a korean custom turbo kit and rotrex supercharger kit for 350zs/G35s... Also, my buddy's shop is hitech enough to develop their own VQ ECU reflash just like the technosquare.

Sam at GT Motorsports is currently building my forged short block. I'm replacing APS ST with TT once the built block arrives.. I'm not sure if I'm going with APS or Greddy yet, but I'm leaning towards the Greddy TT. Phase1, by the time you are ready to modify your Z in Korea, you can go to the shop that is going to put together my engine + TT, and the F con V pro mapping will be done by a Japanese pro tuner.

Last edited by leeboyNY; 02-26-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:13 AM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by leeboyNY
ㅋㅋㅋ I didn't see this post... All the PMs have been replied to phase1 and in2therain3.

I'm currently helping several G35 and 350z friends in korea with their FI tuning.
VQ popularity is picking up in South korea!!! There are quite many FIed 350z/G35 in Korea now.. There is even a korean custom turbo kit and rotrex supercharger kit for 350zs/G35s... Also, my buddy's shop is hitech enough to develop their own VQ ECU reflash just like the technosquare.

Sam at GT Motorsports is currently building my forged short block. I'm replacing APS ST with TT once the built block arrives.. I'm not sure if I'm going with APS or Greddy yet, but I'm leaning towards the Greddy TT. Phase1, by the time you are ready to modify your Z in Korea, you can go to the shop that is going to put together my engine + TT, and the F con V pro mapping will be done by a Japanese pro tuner.
Good to see F/I G's and Z's in Korea! I know Infiniti is officially sold there so
there should be a lot of G's around.
As for your turbo I say go with APS TT=)
Old 03-17-2007, 07:35 PM
lone_Z

hey leeboy... i was thinking of doing the same thing while i was over here as well. where ya getting your work done? and have you figured the shipping cost for the short block? i havent contacted sam yet, but i'm really close to pulling the trigger on it.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:33 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by lone_Z
hey leeboy... i was thinking of doing the same thing while i was over here as well. where ya getting your work done? and have you figured the shipping cost for the short block? i havent contacted sam yet, but i'm really close to pulling the trigger on it.

Are you already in South Korea? If so, check out the Korean 350z club... http://cafe.daum.net/club350z

I got several friends who work in import/export business... It takes 2 weeks from Longbeach to South Korea if I ship it by sea, and it only takes 2 days if I ship it by air (Korean airline)... Shipping is pretty affordable, but the tax is what kills me... 18% import tax...

Because not many korean people do serious tunings such as forged engine and TT, installation cost is pretty high and prices vary by shops alot.. You can get ripped off for a half a$$ job if you don't becareful.. I'm sure you've heard of the korean motto: 빨리 빨리~ 대충 대충~ I'm pretty ****, so some shops don't like me because I double tripple check their work... Oh well~ If you are in Korea and serious about the tuning, you might as well contact me.. You can contact me through the korean 350z club. My id is jayboyNY.

Jay
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by gsazabi
Good to see F/I G's and Z's in Korea! I know Infiniti is officially sold there so
there should be a lot of G's around.
As for your turbo I say go with APS TT=)
I just bought APS TT~ I like APS... I can't help it... I'm shooting for 550whp as a start... Then who knows what I'm gonna try next... I'll be purchasing CJM fuel return system, 750cc injectors (hint, hint), and F con v pro..

Last edited by leeboyNY; 03-20-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM
gsazabi

leeboyNY,

Good stuff!
As soon as I save up enough money I'm also going that route
HKS F-Con V Pro FTW!