Singapore 350Z Owners Unite!!!! - Page 7 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion



Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #121
DatukZ
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
DatukZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo
is it me or are there more Z's on the roads recently? just saw a white one in my neighbourhood with a bodykit similar to those Japanese GT racers....

btw, anyone checked out the new GTR yet? awesome specs man! looks similar to a Z, too....
Is yours wit those nice deep dish rims and on stock pipes..
DatukZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #122
Bravo
Registered User
 
Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatukZ
Is yours wit those nice deep dish rims and on stock pipes..
u mean the GTR?
Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #123
FairLazy Z
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Singapore
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi everybody,

Quite surprised to see so many Singapore 350Z owners here. I own a black 03 Fairlady (PI) and it is totally stock. i had been thinking of lightly modding it to make it look/run better a while back , but didnt know of any good shops/workshops so just left it as stock.

Anyone has any good contacts for workshops that are familiar with the 350Z for repairs or mods? Most of the workshops i ask say they have not worked on one before -____-;; so i am a bit hesitant about being their guinea pig.

Great to see the the 350Z community in Singapore is doing well.
FairLazy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:45 AM   #124
GC71
Registered User
 
GC71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SG
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairLazy Z
Hi everybody,

Quite surprised to see so many Singapore 350Z owners here. I own a black 03 Fairlady (PI) and it is totally stock. i had been thinking of lightly modding it to make it look/run better a while back , but didnt know of any good shops/workshops so just left it as stock.

Anyone has any good contacts for workshops that are familiar with the 350Z for repairs or mods? Most of the workshops i ask say they have not worked on one before -____-;; so i am a bit hesitant about being their guinea pig.

Great to see the the 350Z community in Singapore is doing well.
It depends on what kind of mods you want to do and what are the brands you are going for..basic mods like intake, exhaust and ecu can be specially brought in by some local workshop and some may even carry the more popular Japanese brands in limited stock. Some can even install turbocharger kits specially ordered. Same goes for suspension, cluthches and brake kits.

For the more unusual mod parts like final drive, manifold spacer, pulley kit, anti-roll bar, lsd..will either order from the net or special order..

I bought my suspension, exhuast and clutch/flywheel locally..and ordered the pulley kit, intake, down pipe, engine damper and spacer from the net...

Some shops you can go to enquire are...Garage R..Lim Tan Motors..ST powered..maybe someone can add to this list as its juz a guide..

PM me and leave your contact if you want more details.
GC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #125
synth19
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
synth19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,069
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey guys, I will be visiting Singapore in the near future. A few questions;

1. Although I am American, I'm of Indian descent (India). Do I have anything to worry about? Racism/etc? I am going to visit Malaysia, I heard their is some issues between the cultures.

2. Any good automotive stores? How are prices? Is autobacs in Singapore any good? thanks!
synth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #126
NGZ
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
NGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth19
Hey guys, I will be visiting Singapore in the near future. A few questions;

1. Although I am American, I'm of Indian descent (India). Do I have anything to worry about? Racism/etc? I am going to visit Malaysia, I heard their is some issues between the cultures.

2. Any good automotive stores? How are prices? Is autobacs in Singapore any good? thanks!
You will enjoy your visit

I don't think you have to worry about (1). Since you're American, you're probably stick out in the crowd. I think the first thing that people would think when they see you is that you're a foreigner. They'd notice the way you carry yourself, dress and talk, more than they'd notice that you're Indian. If they interact with you differently, it will be because you're a foreigner, and not because you're an Indian.
NGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #127
badkarma85
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
badkarma85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

1. You will be pretty comfortable in Singapore regardless of what race you are. There's a multitude of cultures in Singapore and Singaporeans are generally quite accustomed to this- racism is a rarity.

2. Autobacs do have some nifty gadgets here and there. With the exchange rate, the prices will be cheaper than what you get in the US. However, by Singapore standards, Autobacs is considered a little more expensive.. Then again, there aren't that many shops like Autobacs which has a big shop layout with products for you to pick and choose.

FYI, this is the website for the SG Autobacs:
http://www.autobacs.com.sg/
badkarma85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #128
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!
iTrader: (40)
 
eagletanggreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 3,307
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma85
1. You will be pretty comfortable in Singapore regardless of what race you are. There's a multitude of cultures in Singapore and Singaporeans are generally quite accustomed to this- racism is a rarity.

2. Autobacs do have some nifty gadgets here and there. With the exchange rate, the prices will be cheaper than what you get in the US. However, by Singapore standards, Autobacs is considered a little more expensive.. Then again, there aren't that many shops like Autobacs which has a big shop layout with products for you to pick and choose.

FYI, this is the website for the SG Autobacs:
http://www.autobacs.com.sg/

There is a autobac in Sing??

The only thing I hate about sing is those jacked up Boxes everyone has on thier dashboard??? Got to pay the man!!
eagletanggreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #129
synth19
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
synth19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,069
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks guys for the tips, I'll also be in Tokyo, so I plan on going to the autobacs in Tokyo Bay. Do you guys go to Malaysia often? I heard it's very easy to get there..
synth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:14 AM   #130
GC71
Registered User
 
GC71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SG
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The only thing I hate about sing is those jacked up Boxes everyone has on thier dashboard??? Got to pay the man!![/QUOTE]


It gets worse when you know how much we have to pay for our Z's...

Welcome to Singpore!
GC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #131
darryltan84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi all, i have purchased a 350Z roadster black...when and where are the meet ups..
darryltan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #132
apharmdb
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
apharmdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area to Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,280
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi folks. The company I work for has just offered me a position that would relocate me and my family to Singapore. We are Americans from San Francisco, currently living in Vancouver British Columbia and I'm wondering if I could get some help with a few questions.

-How is Singapore for families in terms of quality of schools and the health care system. Anyone here with experience with US and or Canadian systems who can give me a comparison?

-How is the cost of living? Again I realize this is relative but what would you guys consider a very comfortable salary for a family of 4 with a single income earner. What is the market like for a 4 bed room 2 bath single family home?

-Any other thoughts about this relocation?

-Lastly is there a local track that holds lapping days?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by apharmdb; 02-24-2008 at 11:06 PM.
apharmdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:56 AM   #133
synth19
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
synth19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,069
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

^ I'm going to say that a single family home with those rooms is easily over 1 million if not more.
synth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #134
apharmdb
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
apharmdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area to Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,280
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth19
^ I'm going to say that a single family home with those rooms is easily over 1 million if not more.
Thanks, anyone else with impressions? 1M is a chunk of change, but both San Francisco and Vancouver aren't too cheap either Plus I hear the Singapore tax rate is way lower than both the US and certainly Canada.
apharmdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #135
synth19
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
synth19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,069
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My Aunt lives in a house (which is kinda rare) in Singapore. I believe she paid about 1.5- 2 million for the house. It has three bedrooms. From what I noticed, most ppl live in condo's. My cousin paid about 800k for his 3 bedroom condo. I'm sure the resident singapore residents can chime in as well.... Also look at the conversion rate/take home pay/Singapore realator sites for more details. Not sure on the school systems, but both my cousins went abroad for college and post graduate education (London/Australia).
synth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:34 AM   #136
badkarma85
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
badkarma85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apharmdb
-How is Singapore for families in terms of quality of schools and the health care system. Anyone here with experience with US and or Canadian systems who can give me a comparison?

-How is the cost of living?
1.
Singapore school system, like most Asian schools take education very seriously. It's one of the reasons why Singapore students rank highly in the world in the realm of math and science.

The local schools tend to be very competitive, focus on grades especially in math and science and tend to groom the cream of the crop.

The system can be described as quite elitist, where good grades open many doors and average grades won't get you very far.

However, since you are an expat, you may enrol your kids in UWC (United World College), where lots of kids are from overseas or the SAS (Singapore American School). The education system is vastly different in these schools in terms of teaching.

2.
The health care system is in between the US and Canada. If you are a singapore citizen, healthcare is subsidized if you go to government clinics/hospitals. However, be prepared for a long wait.

You are advised to buy private health insurance if anything does happen. The hospitals are world class and offer cutting edge procedures. I was in the same class as many of my friends in Singapore who are now very capable doctors/surgeons.

3.
Cost of living is relatively low but is on the rise. Cars and real estate are traditionally very expensive. Apart from that, everything else would be considered cheap.
badkarma85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #137
GC71
Registered User
 
GC71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SG
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryltan84
Hi all, i have purchased a 350Z roadster black...when and where are the meet ups..

Hi, go to delphi forum "Nissan Enthusiasts Club Singapore"

Leave a msg in the Skyline, Sylvia, Fairlady folder..its not very active but the Sky's and Syl's do meet up once in a while and some Z's do show up sometimes..not many of us here!
GC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #138
GC71
Registered User
 
GC71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SG
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,

The health care in Singapore are first rate.

Quality of schools are also high as most students who study high school here are able to gain entry to good University's abroad. There are schools that cater for expats children but due to the current influx of foreigners coming here to work, places are limited.

Housing prices has also risen considerably last year(30-40%) and so has rentals.

Rentals of 1500-2000 sq ft apartments would range between USD2.5-4k/mth for places that are abt 10-15mins drive from the business district(where u most probably be working)..buying them would be in around USD650-1200 per sq ft..

Public transportation network is good with cabs a plenty generally considered cheap when compared with where you are located. Same with food.

Cars are expensive as a gauge....a new Z would cost USD110k, insurance avg. USD1.8-2.5k, road tax(not sure if you have this in the US) USD2.5k per yr ..

A comfortable salary based on your parameters...subjective..but imho, without a car..USD13-18k per mth.

I would advs you to negotiate a package where your company takes care of the housing and school for the kids as these would be the 2 big obsticles and then negotiate the salary seperately.

Unfortunately there is no drag strip(offcially) nor track here although there are plans in place for one to open in 2011...if we want to go for legal drags or tracks, we go to Malaysia which is linked to Singapore by bridge..the nearest track is abt 30mins drive.

Hope this helps.



Quote:
Originally Posted by apharmdb
Hi folks. The company I work for has just offered me a position that would relocate me and my family to Singapore. We are Americans from San Francisco, currently living in Vancouver British Columbia and I'm wondering if I could get some help with a few questions.

-How is Singapore for families in terms of quality of schools and the health care system. Anyone here with experience with US and or Canadian systems who can give me a comparison?

-How is the cost of living? Again I realize this is relative but what would you guys consider a very comfortable salary for a family of 4 with a single income earner. What is the market like for a 4 bed room 2 bath single family home?

-Any other thoughts about this relocation?

-Lastly is there a local track that holds lapping days?

Thanks in advance.
GC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #139
apharmdb
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
apharmdb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area to Vancouver BC
Posts: 1,280
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks a lot, this helps out a great deal. We still may go, but we're staying put in Canada for now. We've decided to finish up our permanent residency application in Canada so we have a "home base." This should take about 8 months. Then we'll evaluate whether we want to do this move. I think we will if the opportunity still exists but since we don't have an inclination to move back to the US, it's important for us to have a home to return to should we decide not to stay in Singapore long term. Thanks again everyone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GC71
Hi,

The health care in Singapore are first rate.

Quality of schools are also high as most students who study high school here are able to gain entry to good University's abroad. There are schools that cater for expats children but due to the current influx of foreigners coming here to work, places are limited.

Housing prices has also risen considerably last year(30-40%) and so has rentals.

Rentals of 1500-2000 sq ft apartments would range between USD2.5-4k/mth for places that are abt 10-15mins drive from the business district(where u most probably be working)..buying them would be in around USD650-1200 per sq ft..

Public transportation network is good with cabs a plenty generally considered cheap when compared with where you are located. Same with food.

Cars are expensive as a gauge....a new Z would cost USD110k, insurance avg. USD1.8-2.5k, road tax(not sure if you have this in the US) USD2.5k per yr ..

A comfortable salary based on your parameters...subjective..but imho, without a car..USD13-18k per mth.

I would advs you to negotiate a package where your company takes care of the housing and school for the kids as these would be the 2 big obsticles and then negotiate the salary seperately.

Unfortunately there is no drag strip(offcially) nor track here although there are plans in place for one to open in 2011...if we want to go for legal drags or tracks, we go to Malaysia which is linked to Singapore by bridge..the nearest track is abt 30mins drive.

Hope this helps.
apharmdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #140
Henry Soh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, All the Z owners in SG,

I am new here, not yet a Z owner, but trying to get a second hand, I am looking for new model that have the HR engine, can anyone advise me any different between the TC and PI? do the PI have enough technical support?

Thanks.
Henry Soh is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introducing Brainiac: Connected Car Technology with a 10.1" Display for your Z Workshop12 Exterior & Interior 249 05-03-2016 10:23 AM
FS: [Portland,OR] 2005 BASE MT 50.9K RED APS TT 378WHP 7lbs $17K CLEAN TITLE bcoffee20 Zs & Gs For Sale 5 11-19-2015 06:39 PM
To Buy or Not to Buy! Mattg350z Buying/Leasing 4 10-02-2015 06:51 AM


Tags
350z, bay, club, emanage, flex, forum, healthcare, mono, rental, rims, sg, singapore, tein, tokyo, tuning, ultimate, works

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: