Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Rookie84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like people haven't been posting much in this thread lately. I'm bringing this back to life since I just took ownership of 03 Enthusiast 6MT with APS TT and GTM stg 0 block. Are there anyone here in Yongsan? I'm serving in ROK Army(1LT, doing my mandatory service as an officer... have 1 yr and 5 months to go until I'm discharged... haha) and work at CFC HQ.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
mpact1981

Yea the thread hurts so much because most of us don't have our cars here... I'd love to see some pics of your car though. I havn't seen any blue Z's, especially TT...

I'm in Camp Humphreys but I'm finally going back to the states in about 15 days. I can't wait to get back in the driver seat.....
Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 PM
definitionxmk

Ahhhh.... nice to see you still post here mpact1981! Speaking of APS TT GTM STG 0... that sounds exactly like LEEBOY's car!

Where in CFC HQ are you working? I use to work with some great ROK officers/enlisted there!

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Rookie84

Thanks! I work for the deputy chief of staff(ROKA major general) as an interpretation officer.

I was told that my previous owner had his car built along with Leeboy's car.

I've posted pics in this thread: https://my350z.com/forum/new-owners/...03-aps-tt.html
Old 01-21-2011, 11:20 PM
definitionxmk

oooh yeah, i remember this Z now! I rode in it w/ the previous owner. actually, I remember doing a video that night: http://www.vimeo.com/5279491

great car you got there!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 PM
definitionxmk

ah, i remember the previous person that worked there! I use to work at the C/J6 area... I remember doing a lot of functions for the Holidays.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 PM
definitionxmk

In the video... your car is in 0:47!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
mpact1981

lol yea I'll end up removing my subscription to the thread once I'm out of here. So how you been broskie? How's life in paradise treating you? I heading home to New Orleans for a while, celebrate Mardi Gras, and then I'll be in Fort Bragg, NC, I'll finally get my jump wings I guess... lol

Nice Z Rookie! I don't think I could have parted ways with that Evo though... lol I'm sure you had your reasons. I just had a Shine Amuse front put on my Nismo with the diffuser and everything. It's the best front ever made IMO.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 PM
definitionxmk

Been good man. Stationed in Hawaii and all is pretty cool... right now I'm deployed but only have 1 month left.

Yup, amuse is the way to go... sadly i ran over a curb and the entire bumper/diffuser got destroyed @_@

Oh and I own a 370 as well! Talk about two Zs in the driveway!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Rookie84

Thanks for the video! It's cool to see my car in it, and I'm also glad to see no doughnuts or obnoxious driving by previous owner in that video

I parted with my Evo mainly because I wanted to get back in a RWD car again, but also because it's not a fun car to drive unless you drive it fast. Plus with all its mods, it has become something that I wasn't willing to drive daily. The Z on the other hand, is a nice car to cruise around with, and it's also fun when you drive it fast. It's not as sharp as my Evo, but it fits my goals better. Despite what appearances of the two car might suggest, 350Z is the better car to drive daily. It sure was hard to part with the Evo, though... but since I could easily see the attention and care put into the Z by the previous owner, it made the decision much easier. Another plus is that the Z is a much better looking car than the Evo

Anyway, I'm much happier after the trade. I have to agree that the Amuse front it the best looking front end ever for the 350Z. I recently took off my front diffuser becaue the car was simply too low to get around in Seoul... and it left a lot of holes, marks, and cracks on my Amuse front I'm gonna be heading to a bodyshop after lunar new years and will have the front repaired/repainted.

definitionxmk, how is life in Oahu? I lived in Honolulu for 2 yrs when I was 14~15. I loved it then but I think I would have loved it much more if I had a chance to live there again.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
definitionxmk

Oh yeah, that Z was totally badass! I remember him dropping me off by the front gate and everyone just staring... "who is that guy?" as I step out of the Z. It was epic.

Hawaii is great. In fact, I think it's pretty awesome! Sure, I wish they had a track... but I'm fine with just building a nice looking car and having a great reputation. Especially since I'm trying to break out on making videos as a side job. Hopefully I get famous for doing all this stuff!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
mpact1981

did you ever finish the video from the DDGT?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:46 PM
definitionxmk

Hmmm, i think i eventually did something with the footage. I remember wasn't too happy with it but i'll check up on it again. I'll post it here if I ever get around uploading it.