Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

My Subwoofer box

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 01:32 PM
AParshall04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Subwoofer box

My friend and i just built this subwoofer box over the last couple days for my Image dynamics IDMAX 10 V.3 out of 3/4" MDF. It took a lot of cutting and sanding to get it just right to fit under the strut bar, we had to round the top corners so it would slide in. I covered the box in fatmat (aka dynamat) but havent finished the back panel yet. Theres a terminal on the back for easy wiring. We chaulked the box with heavy duty silicone stuff and used wood screws to hold it together. The box is about 1.3 cu ft and it goes from the start of the strut bar to just before the plastic hump. I think i may be mounting my amp either on top of the box or on the backside. I may also put some neon lights back there. My plan is to eventually fiberglass the box so its flush with the strut bar, but for now we may paint it superblack. At the moment there is a random 10" kicker in the box and its only running at like 150-200 watts i think, but it sounds awesome. It sounds better than the JL 10w6ae i used to have ran on a 250/1 and better than the infinity basslink T i used to have as well. I cant wait for the IDMAX and amp and deck to arrive. The deck should be here today and go in, the sub arrives tomorrow, and im not sure when the amp and 0 guage amp kit will come. So soon there will be many more pictures of the finished product. For now here's some pics of the box, please excuse the blankets, sweaters, and random wires all over the place, this little project is by no means finished.