Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bazooka Hookup Help Please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 04:06 AM
alienx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bazooka Hookup Help Please.

Hi,

This is actually for my truck, but I figured this would be a good place to get help.

I think I am putting a 100w, 8" tube in my truck to go with the Alpine HU and 6x9's in the doors. It's an old truck with those turn-out vent windows (which whistle pretty loudly), so I don't really need to put much more money into it. But I thought a base tube might fatten up the sound a little.

My question is (and I know very little about these things), do I need that wiring harness that Bazooka sells for $49 bucks? I'm not exactly sure what that thing does. It seems like I should just be able to get a cheaper amp power kit, and run RCA jacks from the HU to the Bazooka, for signal.

Also, I just figured Bazooka would be a nice easy way to do this. But if I am overlooking a better choice, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2005, 07:46 PM
stu46

I'm assuming the bazooka is equiped with an internal amp. What type of inputs are on the bazooka?
Old 02-14-2005, 09:08 AM
alienx

I was the powered one. Not sure about the inputs, but it doesn't matter anymore. I think I am leaning towards the Basslink anyway. It seems to come with tht wired gain control, which is an option on the Bazooka. And it is supposed to be better sounding. For a little more cash than the 8" Bazooka, I can get a a 10" Basslink with twice the wattage. Seems like a decent piece of gear. and the nstall should be simple (RCA jacks from the receiver to the Basslink, and a couple of wires for power, ground, and turn-on).

Thanks though for trying to help.