Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

How to prevent from getting ur rims stolen

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:27 AM
bombrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to prevent from getting ur rims stolen

Well i am thinking about getting new rims for my G But area wherei am living in is pretty dangerous.. I saw ppl got their wheels stolen and their audio.. Any good security system that I can have to prevent from wheels getting stolen?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:28 AM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Garage Its the only way and even thats not full proof.

May I ask why a 30K car and living in a "bad" area?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:30 AM
bombrush

I go to college and living in a student apartment =(
Old 02-13-2005, 09:32 AM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Been there bro.
You can use a car cover with a chain lock. The longer it takes someone to break into something the more lieky they are to walk away.

Problem is the drunk haters are more lieky to f#ck with it when you use a cover. At least you will still have your rims!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:36 AM
bombrush

cause i heard wheels locks can't prevent from getting stolen.. how about brake system same concept?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:47 AM
kamz

if they are good enough it doesn't matter what you have. just get the wheel locks and an alarm and hope for the best. always try to park in well lit areas at night.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:49 AM
bombrush

stoptech 13's with oem 18's G .
I seriously need to get wheel locks any recommandation of wheel locks and security?
Old 02-13-2005, 06:58 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by EnthuZiast
Been there bro.
You can use a car cover with a chain lock. The longer it takes someone to break into something the more lieky they are to walk away.

Problem is the drunk haters are more lieky to f#ck with it when you use a cover. At least you will still have your rims!
A car cover is cool, but I've heard of horror stories where people cut the cover from underneath.
They break into the car, leaving the cover on, giving them plenty of "tent cover" to rip of a stereo or start the car. So a car cover can work against you.
It's a good deterence but anywhere you park your car long enough without security, it can get broken into or messed with.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:18 PM
sbcbaseball

The only way u can stop someone from stealing those rims is by getting switches and slamming ur car when u park and taking the switch box with u...,,but that defeats purpose of handling ..good luck.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:48 PM
trn

A big 'NRA membership' sticker.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Bodie

I'm relatively new to the Z scene, but...isn't that the point of tilt sensor alarm systems? If you're in a bad neighborhood, a decent alarm with tilt sensor may be a good investment.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:56 PM
35oZephyR

Originally posted by Bodie
I'm relatively new to the Z scene, but...isn't that the point of tilt sensor alarm systems? If you're in a bad neighborhood, a decent alarm with tilt sensor may be a good investment.
That's a good idea too.

Tilt sensor alarm w/ pager.

Wheel locks for deterence from the small timers.

Relocation of car battery to a remote spot in the trunk so it's harder to reach, disconnect thus disarming the alarm.

A lowered car is tough to get underneath with a jack too.

Use to know a few kids in this little "black market" profession and those were a few I remember them complaining about. Of course if they're professionals and want your things enough, they'll get it.

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 02-13-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally posted by trn
A big 'NRA membership' sticker.

best idea yet!!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Shahrum

Yup, wheel locks for all lugs on all wheels (takes more time as opposed to having one locking nut on each wheel). And also a tilt sensor wired into an aftermarket alarm system (this is normally an additional option).
Old 02-14-2005, 07:20 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Keys and locks are for keeping honest people honest--I hate to say it but if a real thief wants something they will stake you out and they will take it no matter what you have on your car..

if you make it difficult for them, they will destroy your car.. voice of experience here..i got broken into once in a previous car, they popped my hood and cut the siren.. Ok I thought, I'll just put a hood lock on so it doesn't happen again.. well, when i got broken into again, but ths time they took a crowbar to my hood

your best action would be to make sure you are covered by insurance..it's a sad world we live in where you can't have something nice without someone wanting to steal it but it's reality..

--mike
Old 02-14-2005, 07:55 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Shahrum
Yup, wheel locks for all lugs on all wheels (takes more time as opposed to having one locking nut on each wheel). And also a tilt sensor wired into an aftermarket alarm system (this is normally an additional option).
He beat me to the punch on that one... a little inconvenient for yourself or a tire shop, but quite effective (as a deterrent) and inconvenient for burglars as well. But a thief will get what they want no matter the circumstances at the end of it all... heck, they just might tow your car somewhere else to remove the shoes...
Old 02-15-2005, 05:04 AM
Shahrum

Exactly... if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it. Just like those tow trucks that they come to get repossed cars in, they can take a car out of the neighborhood in just 10 seconds... Back up, put the sliders under the car, and away it goes, they don't even have to get out of the truck!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Road Warrior

the bottom line is there is no one sure way to stop it...just do the best you can to deter theft. the more obstacles the thief has to overcome the more likely he is to pass up your car and move on to one thats easier to steal. if your concerned about the whole car go with a lojack system.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:35 PM
35oZephyR

To sum it up:

Any thief with a brain will steal your stuff.

It's the dumb ones you want to deter, and hopefully theres alot of em!
Old 02-20-2005, 05:21 PM
lcubanito

how about going with an alarm and along with the siren that comes with the alarm add some air horns... i as well dont live in the best of areas and am going to have an alarm installed with 4 air horns, so when it goes off it will wake everyone and their mom up, may also scare the **** out of the thief.. either way once those air horns go off things will go as NOT planned with the thief, not to mention it will alert you as well. THEY ARE LOUD and cheap, i got mine for $20 per set, you may want to look into it. the other cool thing is that if you only connect them to your alarm unless it goes off no one knows you have these loud air horns until they set it off! you can also get a layer of window tint that you cannot break through, its thick tint, i think its used for businesses or residential but can be installed on a car window. all these things together should stop someone from taking your goods!

Quick Reply: How to prevent from getting ur rims stolen