Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

AVIC-N2 Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Paikuhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVIC-N2 Installation Question

Looking for the location of the computer and a schematic as well. Maybe a thread on how to get to it?

Just picked up the AVIC-N2 and I need to know where to hook up the speed sensor wire, as well as others that the AVIC-N2 requires.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 05-19-2005, 09:51 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Have you tried the search, lots of topics about the exact wire. Its one of the wires behind the A/C control buttons.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your search - Speed Sensor Wire - did not match any documents.

Your search - AVIC N2 - did not match any documents.

The search engine sucks. Google be damned.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Paikuhan

The closest thing I could find was that it's a white wire. Where that wire is, and where I can tap from, no idea.

On top of that, it would be nice to tap the reverse light wire closer to the dash.

I've pretty much been to every 350Z forum and done searches everywhere. Please help!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:54 AM
smoothludey

Originally Posted by Paikuhan
The closest thing I could find was that it's a white wire. Where that wire is, and where I can tap from, no idea.

On top of that, it would be nice to tap the reverse light wire closer to the dash.

I've pretty much been to every 350Z forum and done searches everywhere. Please help!
Ok, first things first...are you able to remove the center console? There is a write up online somewhere, if you want it i have the link somewhere. OK, now you need a couple things before you start...you need to get the wiring harnesses from BestBuy. There should be 2 harnesses with the kit. Another thing you need is a crimp kit, which you can also get at bestbuy or radioshack. Before you do any sort of installation you need to connect/crimp/splice the wires from the harnesses to the wires that came with the pioneer unit...match color for color. The speed sensor wire is the only white wire on the smaller grey harness connected to the white box located underneath the stock head unit. I never connected the reverse signal wire...unless you insist on connecting this, I have yet to experience any obstacles by not connecting it. The key to a successful installation of the nav unit is good grounding. Do not ground into the black wire of the harness, this is not a good ground. Ground somewhere to the metal chassis in the dash. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Paikuhan

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much! I'm all crimped and ready to go. Printed out the dash removal instructions as well.

And thanks for the grounding tip!