Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Me so Horny

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Me so Horny

After reading a story about a poor Z trapped in a parking lot with the driver honking and honking as some idiot backed their assault SUV into the side of the poor innocent Z I took a serious listen to my Z's horn.

I was not impressed. Not very horny.

The two horns are 400 Hz and 500 Hz and not really too loud. I debated on putting an air horn into the coupe like I have in my SUV but decided against it and went with a pair of 125 dB aftermarket horns picked up at the local auto parts store.

I was concerned about the current draw of the new horns so I measured them at 3 amps each. I pulled the stock horns out using a 10 mm socket wrench working between the grill and the radiator. Once they were out I put them on the bench and tested them at 3 amps each too.

The boss was about 75 feet away in the yard so I had her judge which of the two sets were louder and she picked the aftermarket ones. I broke out the high temp spray paint and covered the ugly gold horn elements in flat black. Nothing is visible of the horn from the grills unless you really work at it - but looking down with the hood open you can see them so they had to be blackened.

The terminals were a direct plug-n-play the bolts slipped right into place. Total time with paint drying time was about 15 minutes.

Now my Z has a horn worthy of such a fine car.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:26 PM
sharingan625

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe. nice thread.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

phewww...i thought we have to go through another 20 pages + threads like the one of irish for not having sex again.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:12 PM
TChachas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha... nice.

Glad as well that this isnt a 100 page long one like the sex one in off topic!

Nice new horns, too.