Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

In-dash cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 03:51 AM
cantfindaname

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-dash cd changer

More and more these days, you see car companies that have an in-dash OEM changer. I looked through the crutchfield site, several car audio manufacturers sites, and searched this board, but I cannot seem to find a replacement stereo that suits what I am looking for.
What I would like to find: A Double DIN 6-CD aftermarket head unit. Does something like this exist? One would assume that if Bose can build it, Alpine could as well. Has anyone ever seen one?

I know I could always just buy a single DIN unit, and then put a CD changer in the small storage compartment behind the passenger seat. That is my back-up plan. I already have all the equiptment to do that. The problem is I really enjoy having the changer in front of me. I also enjoy having a head unit that fits perfectly into the factory opening. However, I do not think the sound quality of the Bose system is good enough to even consider keeping as a long-term setup.

So anywho, back to my question.....does this product exist?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:20 AM
SungNamZ

I had my 6CD changer replaced 4 times before I decided to go with something else. I felt the inconvenience of having it replaced and having to send the unit off to have someone remove "stuck" CD's and return was worth moving on to something else.

If $$$ is not a issue, you might want to look at the Eclipse AVX2494. I stopped carrying CD's and have currently downloaded approximately 300 songs to the HD. The unit allows you to store 3,000 tunes in the "Music Juke Box". Plus, Bose nolonger blows! There is a thread with pic's on this site and over on ZChickz.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the 6-disc changer in one of the small pockets behind the shoulders and went with an iPod interface for the uber-dump of music. Those darn pockets aren't worth anything IMHO so might as well throw the disc player back there. I'm also of the opinion of keeping things low keep looking to avoid theft so putting a one DIN unit in the dash with a fold out screen and removal front control panel was my center piece meaning everything else get's stashed too. The only thing I can't hide is the subwoofer under strut box and even then you've got to look in the trunk for that.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:55 PM
itburns

This is the reason why I wanted to find an '06 OEM Bose HU to swap with my '05 OEM Bose. I like the double-din in-dash 6 CD changer, and I like the low-key stock look; but the '06 is MP3 compatible! I'm still looking for an '06 OEM HU.