Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Factory Nissan Bluetooth Phone Integration

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 12:15 PM
HIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Nissan Bluetooth Phone Integration

I've just spent a couple of hours looking for a Bluetooth car kit that will look "factory installed". I really like the look of a nice stock vehicle, and hate adding things to my car that look out of place. In my search, I found a British news that mentioned how the new Z will come with Bluetooth Phone Integration!

So, I went to the Nissan UK website; www.nissan.co.uk

Once here, I navigated to our beloved 350Z and found that the car is, in fact Bluetooth Phone Integrated. Check it out here! (Click on the Bluetooth Phone Integration link to see the details.)

Is this a different stereo? Has something been added to the Bose that can be added to our cars? How can I make this work in my car?

If need be, I will order parts from the UK. Does anyone know if this is even feasible?
Old 04-16-2006, 01:48 PM
dingobiatch

I don't get that. Why can't we have bluetooth. Arg.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:02 PM
HIP

The new Maxima comes with Bluetooth Phone Integration. Although it is a Bose stereo, it looks a lot different than ours. How integrated is this Bluetooth system? Does it work through the stereo or the navigation sysytem? If it works through the stereo, can it be configured to work with our Zs?

Maxima's Bluetooth Phone Integration Details
Old 04-16-2006, 03:34 PM
MarkM

We don`t have bluetooth car kits in the UK yet. The facelifted cars are out and will be retro fitted when the bluetooth is ready! Tyical Nissan really. It is (will be) standard fit though, like the track Rays

Last edited by MarkM; 04-16-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:57 PM
HIP

When you say "retro-fit", are you saying that the Bluetooth parts will just plug in and will be ready to use? This seems a little too good to be true? I would love to see some part numbers, and pricing!
Old 04-16-2006, 03:59 PM
dens_310

nice.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:05 PM
MarkM

Originally Posted by HIP
When you say "retro-fit", are you saying that the Bluetooth parts will just plug in and will be ready to use? This seems a little too good to be true? I would love to see some part numbers, and pricing!

Yeah, all UK cars come pre wired for a phone kit. At the moment we buy a cradle for an individual phone, the bluetooth will be a plug and play add on.
The phone kits operate through the head unit and are controled by steering wheel buttons.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 PM
RANDY350Z

I am trying to find ow to order these items from the UK:

Burnt Orange Steering wheel--OEM
Burnt Orange Parking Brake lever--OEM
Burnt Orange Shift ****--OEM
The cover that goes in under the Strut Bar

Any info would be great!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:58 AM
MarkM

Randy, I can easily help with the tonneau cover......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Nissan...QQcmdZViewItem

I`ll get you the name of a contact for the Alezan (as it`s called here) wheel etc.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:13 PM
EchoStorm

Default Burnt orange....

I too would be interested in the non-us burn orange accessories (steering wheel, shifter ****, and emergency brake cover).

If anyone figures out the bluetooth phone integration, I am extremely interested in that as well.
Jason
Attached Thumbnails Factory Nissan Bluetooth Phone Integration-23980.jpg  
Old 04-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Nizzy

Also extremely interested in the Bluetooth ...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:15 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the new pioneer doubledin nav headunit AVIC-Z1 coming out is bluetooth integrated and looks clean and flush, I'm getting that bish!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:21 AM
rmesola

just know that the z1 isn't sold with the bluetooth, it's an add-on product that costs a few hundred bucks
Old 04-20-2006, 12:18 PM
HIP

I was hoping that it was an add on that we could get part numbers for. Are there any online parts stores from the UK that will have the O.E.M. stuff, like Curtesy does here? I looked quickly and didn't see anything.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:12 PM
MarkM

You guys won`t be able to get the phone kit cheaply, if at all, it`s hard wired to the car via the head unit and is controlled by steering wheel mounted switches. The cradles, the new one being bluetooth enabled clip into the docking port in the cubby between the seats. Sorry
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM
SDGuy

The UK solution has been discussed extensively on the UK 350Z Club - see http://forums.350zukownersclub.com/index.php?&CODE=00

They are generally not happy with it. Why not get a Parrot kit? I make a plug and play Parrot harness adapter that takes minutes to install. If you have Bose, you need this- CLICK HERE
If you don't have Bose, you need the QCNis-1 shown HERE
Old 05-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Daedalus317

You can always check this one out "AutoIntelligence" it doesn't have the fancy LCD display but it is independent of the car radio.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:07 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RANDY350Z
I am trying to find ow to order these items from the UK:

Burnt Orange Steering wheel--OEM
Burnt Orange Parking Brake lever--OEM
Burnt Orange Shift ****--OEM
The cover that goes in under the Strut Bar

Any info would be great!
Try this link:

http://www.thezstore.com/store/merch...ory_Code=LNP02

They have exactly what you want!!

BTW check thisd site for integrated bluetooth:

http://www.mitocorp.com/flash/tellphone.htm

Last edited by z350boy; 01-02-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:01 PM
philgrocks

Default Nissan 350Z + Bluetooth! Parrot CK-3000 Install

I had purchased my Parrot CK-3000 Evolution from one of those big Web vendors. They claimed on their web site that they had everything I needed for my 350Z + Parrot install. The sold me a CK-3000 + a harness so I would not have to cut any wires. So far so good I thought. I installed the Parrot CK-3000 + the harness they supplied. I quickly found that the cable they supplied was not right. The volume inside the care when the CK-3000 Evolution was active was amazingly loud... Way too loud, adjusting the CK-3000 did no good.

I contacted the vendor who sold me the Parrot CK-3000 Evolution and they quickly told me that their harness did not work well with the Bose audio in the 350Z. I was amazed! Why would they sell me something that did not work! They then suggested I go to http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/ and get their harness for my 350Z, specifically recommending their kit for my 350Z. Reading the website it was clear that this company understood the problem.

I ordered a kit and I was contacted via email by Howard @ Quick Connect Products and he asked a couple of questions to ensure I got the right kit. He shipped the next day and today I installed it!

The kit worked perfectly, sounded great and did not require cutting any wires. Problem Solved! If I had purchased this kit first it would have saved me several hours and loads of frustration.

If you are looking for a way to connect to the Bose/Nav system in your 350Z look no further than www.quickconnectproducts.com.

I put the CK-3000 Evolution control in the little compartment just infront of the emergency flasher in the center console. When this is closed you can not even tell that the car has had anything done!

Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 AM
jhchan

I was just looking into these Parrot kits myself. Do the quickconnect harnesses allow the unit to be powered via the headunit? Also does this take up any of the CD changer or other inputs which might be used for other things (ipod, line-in etc) or does this somehow integrate into the standard factory wiring harness sitting in the middle? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Factory Nissan Bluetooth Phone Integration