Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Just installed new system, but making a weird sound...HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 AM
=BANKS=
Penis ME!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed new system, but making a weird sound...HELP!!

Alright so I just got done installing my system which includes an Alpine head unit, 2 amps, components and 2 ten inch subs. I will post picks later, since I put in the nazar door pods which look great and the custom box from TCC customs. Anyways, everytime the car is running I get this weird high pitched wizzing sound like im inside an airplane taking off. The pitch goes up whenever I push in the gas. Anyone of you audio masters know wtf my problem is, its really annoying. When I the car is not running the audio doesnt make this damn noise wtf

Someone help me

Thanks Fellas!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by =BANKS=
Alright so I just got done installing my system which includes an Alpine head unit, 2 amps, components and 2 ten inch subs. I will post picks later, since I put in the nazar door pods which look great and the custom box from TCC customs. Anyways, everytime the car is running I get this weird high pitched wizzing sound like im inside an airplane taking off. The pitch goes up whenever I push in the gas. Anyone of you audio masters know wtf my problem is, its really annoying. When I the car is not running the audio doesnt make this damn noise wtf

Someone help me

Thanks Fellas!
Most likley alternator whine. Make sure your ground is down solid and your power and signal cables are not run near each other.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Hybrid90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That noise you described is called ground noise. It can be caused by numerous factors... like using too little of amp wire gauge, or running the main amp power lines on the same side as the ground wire, or not having a big enough ground cable. Also, if it's possible, try grounding all your amps or whatever in the same grounding place, that would reduce the noise. They also sell noise suppressors for this type of problem but most I've used doesn't seem to work..
Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ditto on what s said above...

if you ran the power cables and rca cables down the same side, it will 99 percent likely be the cause of that issue. always run the cables down different sides...

a bad ground like that has been said, is also a good cuast for this, always find a solid part of the car, use sandpape to sand a spot down to bare metal and then ground it there.

if after you do all this and there is still noise then:

poor quality RCAs or rcas got cut and is touching ground somewhere

bad amp or headunit put

are the other things to look at...

b