Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

help: rear speaker removal roadster

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:21 PM
350ztoronto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help: rear speaker removal roadster

does anyone have any tips or how to's on removing the rear speakers and all the plastic parts?? i read the the how to's on the coupe but it so different with the roadster i read that if i do this i will lose my rollbar cover is there anyway around this? and if anyone has experience with the install could you give me some advice i've already broken 2 clips
Old 05-31-2006, 11:09 AM
350ztoronto

bump
Old 05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
passanis

I just did this on Saturday. I also tried soliciting help but apparently there is no one out there with advice on this topic (except you'll read "don't do it").

Here is what I did. Follow the first few coupe steps, i.e., take off the carpet molding and then the piece in the corner (covers the seat belts). Once you have that done, get the sub cover and glove box stuff off (I know I'm being vague here, but it's not hard to figure out how this stuff comes out when you are actually going through the process).

What you'll have left at this point is the piece that covers the speakers- it's a one-piece unit that covers the rollbar as well. What I did was actually bend this piece up to just barely (and I mean just barely) get enough clearance to stick a ratchet in and take the speakers out (this is much easier with another person). NOTE: I think I snapped something right next to wear the seat belt swivels. I think it's broken but I'm not 100% sure. I'm very **** about this stuff but I feel confident that even if I can't fix it, the seat belt will swivel over and cover up this blemish. I have finished putting the speakers in but I have not put it back together yet. If you want to wait until next week, I can let you know how it turns out.

It's my understanding that there is no way to take this piece out without breaking it (it's supposed to be replaced if removed, like the foot rest). My advice is to simply move it out of the way enough to get the job done and minimize the damage. Good luck.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:15 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I took mine off without breaking them. You need a couple of THIN flathead screw drivers and just start at one end, pull the pannel out gently and work the tabs loose with the driver. it is time consuming but will work. Forcing them will break them and you will have to buy new ones.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
350ztoronto

thx guys so much i luv this site everytime i feel like giving up someone comes and helps thx so much ^^