Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

HELP, Kenwood 7017 Install...Disconnected wire...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HELP, Kenwood 7017 Install...Disconnected wire...

So, I got the Metra Nissan kit Harness, wired it up, finally got the unit up, but says disconnected wire, please find connection line.

Any ideas?

Everything connected except: mute, ext cont, p cont, ant cont and remote cont.
Didn't think reverse light was necessary so i grounded it. which wire could it be?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:34 PM
gt3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you ground the ground wire? Do not use the ground from the OEM harness. Use a different grounding point instead (e.g. screw near/in the center console). Also connect the antenna control wire in order to power up the antenna amp. Otherwise you will get poor reception.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Voboy

Originally Posted by gt3
Where did you ground the ground wire? Do not use the ground from the OEM harness. Use a different grounding point instead (e.g. screw near/in the center console). Also connect the antenna control wire in order to power up the antenna amp. Otherwise you will get poor reception.
I grounded the Parking brake via metra harness, and also used the groundings of the kenwood harnesses to the metra harness. just like dataspike did here:
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...9&postcount=14
Reverse wire i tried severeal different grounds such as the - on the battery, and to car chassis.

I'm going to recheck my wiring, but at this point still a no go
Old 06-03-2006, 08:58 PM
gt3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Voboy
I grounded the Parking brake via metra harness, and also used the groundings of the kenwood harnesses to the metra harness. just like dataspike did here:
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...9&postcount=14
Reverse wire i tried severeal different grounds such as the - on the battery, and to car chassis.

I'm going to recheck my wiring, but at this point still a no go
Yeah, rechecking all the wires again would be a good idea, especially all the crimped area to make sure nothing is loose.

A lot people in the past have recommended a better ground than the one connected to the nissan harness (in your case via the metra harness). If you are connecting the ground and the parking wire to the chasis, make sure you file the grounding point to expose the bare metal. Good luck.

I don't think the reverse wire is going to be a problem since on mine it is not connected to anything.

Sorry couldn't be more of a help. Good luck!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Voboy

So it turns it was the fuse, in the back. But when that was replaced, it repeated blew out. Headunit needs servicing I believe. Gonna try to send it back to kenwood. I'm dead tired. About 5 hours of work for nothing.