Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:49 AM
DesiZ_06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

hi, i've been searching the threads for over an hour yet i have not seen any proper thread about the ipods and stuff. though im confused about the headunit and stuff

i have an ipod. but shud i get the fm transmitter and hook it somewhere? im really confused about using ipod in the Z. i wud like to minimize the spendings. can anyone give me a basic headstart or something. i dont want to buy new dashkit or anything. dont flame me please thanx!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:27 AM
maturola

Thumbs up Ipod Adapter

Hey,

For minor modification, and without changing the Dash Stereo i think this will be you rbest option.

http://www.mp3yourcar.com

This guys sell an adapter that goes between your stereo and the car itself, This will give you an IPOD cable and also an Extra Aux input (You cna put an XM Reciver or something else). Very easy to intall, no too expensive.

Note that this will not let you control the ipod from your radio (in some car it will, but I don;t think in the Z). It will just give you the option to output the ipod sound to your stereo system. nice extra it will recharge your ipod.

good luck.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:35 PM
DesiZ_06

hey! thanx for this site! it does work in the Z..u can control the ipod from steering wheel. it says so on this site!

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/productdet...&productID=957

thanx!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:07 AM
maturola

Thumbs up Great

Double check with then on the phone, I hear from a friend that no all Steres suppport that on the Z, It something with the Boss System, Some of them have an Additonal Function bvesides CD/Radio.

But if it work, Will be great. please post Pictures adn result if you do get it.