Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Dynaudio tweeter too big for stock location?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 05:19 PM
johndp977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dynaudio tweeter too big for stock location?

Hi all,

I've been shopping around for new speakers and based on what I've listened to I am pretty sure I will end up going with Dynaudio. However, the guy in the store where I listened to them looked at the car and said he didn't think the tweeter would fit in the stock location. He suggested that it might be necessary to cut a hole in the door panel for the tweeter since it is so big.

I am pretty new to this, so I was hoping some of you might have some suggestions for this case where the tweeter doesn't fit in the stock location. Is it actually possible to fit them there with some sort of modification? Or is it definitely going to be necessary to cut a hole in the door panels? In terms of sound, would I in fact be better off not using the stock location, since I've read a few posts where people have mentioned that it might be too high? And if anyone has already installed Dynaudio 2-ways (I did see the thread with Nizl's awesome install, but those were 3-ways) in their Z, what did you end up doing?

Thanks in advance.

-john
Old 04-21-2005, 09:40 AM
wbanasan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've installed it on my car on the stock tweeter panel. Email mail me at mwes@dmv.com