Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Forward Firing Sub Enclosure Behind Drivers Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Greedy4nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward Firing Sub Enclosure Behind Drivers Seat?

has anyone successfully made a forward firing sub enclosure for the stock bose subwoofer location (directly behind the driver's seat)? I have seen the Zenclosure that fits in that location, and I'm a tad disappointed that it doesn't face the cabin, the smaller volume of the enclosure (my kicker CVR 10" reccomends enclosures 0.8-3.0 cu. ft.), as well as the some-what limiting mounting depth maximum of 5.34" considering my kicker has a mounting depth of 5.5625"

I really value my trunk space, so an under-the-strut style enclosure really doesn't appeal to me that much. If one does not exist, I'll likely be making one. Depending on the result, I may end up posting the design to get some feedback on it.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Greedy4nismo; 01-16-2007 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
wtf no turbo

I have an L7 10' behind the seat that will stop your heart. You have to mold the box out a bit to get mag to clear but plenty of air space there.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a tad disappointed that it doesn't face the cabin
For acoustical purpose you understand that it's actually better pointing aft loading up in the corner formed by the rear hatch window right? Seems counter intuitive.

Also the low frequencies that the sub-woofer ought to be working at are non-directional.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Greedy4nismo

Originally Posted by wtf no turbo
I have an L7 10' behind the seat that will stop your heart. You have to mold the box out a bit to get mag to clear but plenty of air space there.
is it firing forward? if so, did you make your enclosure yourself?

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
For acoustical purpose you understand that it's actually better pointing aft loading up in the corner formed by the rear hatch window right? Seems counter intuitive.

Also the low frequencies that the sub-woofer ought to be working at are non-directional.
i'm more disappointed that if i was going to put a sub behind the drivers seat, the only direction i'd want it firing was into an acoustic region of the vehicle, not down into the cavity just over the gas tank. I was, overall, not thrilled with how the sub was mounted in the zenclosure.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:33 AM
first350

Originally Posted by Greedy4nismo
i'm more disappointed that if i was going to put a sub behind the drivers seat, the only direction i'd want it firing was into an acoustic region of the vehicle, not down into the cavity just over the gas tank. I was, overall, not thrilled with how the sub was mounted in the zenclosure.

think you're talking about the wickedcas FG box that fits into the OE Bose subwoofer area and has the subwoofer facing down...Zenclosures doesn't have that type of box.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Greedy4nismo

Originally Posted by first350
think you're talking about the wickedcas FG box that fits into the OE Bose subwoofer area and has the subwoofer facing down...Zenclosures doesn't have that type of box.
sorry bout that...yes, you are correct, its the weickedcas FG box