Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Memphis Audio

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Ozz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memphis Audio

I have an opportunity to pick up some Memphis Audio equipment at a very nice price. These are both from their Studio line of products. If anybody has any direct experience with these products I would appreciate any feedback you might have. The exact items are the 16-st2004 studio class a/b and the 16-st1000 studio class d.
Thanks for your time
Oz
Old 04-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Encore

Memphis is by no means the best, but bang for the buck its hard to beat. I sale the crap out of it and see very little come back. Memphis makes a line driver for about $40.00 that make there amps sound, and perform alot better. I would highly recommend getting one. It makes a night and day difference on the studio amps even w/ high volt output decks.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Ozz

Default Thanks Encore

This line driver. Is it needed for both the a/b and the d type amps. If so, I assume that means I would need two, one for each amp? No way to hook both amps to one line driver? Sorry I'm kind of new to this stuff.
Later,
Oz
Old 04-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Encore

If you want fade or sub control, yes you would need more than one. I mainly use them on the class D amps. It gives the amp alot more *****. Ive seen the entry level memphis amps walk the dog on the studios per power rating, but when you put a line driver on the studios they grow a new set of cod sacks. We are currently building a 84 porshe 944 for our demo car which we are using all memphis minus moniters, connectors, and head unit. For my area memphis is a great sale. Its hard to get people around here to pop off on a set of $599 subs when they can get a decent sounding set of memphis for about $79. Good luck. PM if you want one or two.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Ozz

Default thanks for the offer

Thanks, but I'm planning on a JL 10W6v2 in the rear left wheel well as in the Onecoolee install pix. The guy at the shop is trying to talk me into waiting till he has the Memphis M Class 10 inch set up for a demo. He says they are awesome. I'll probably give a listen but I think I'll end up with the JL. I'm looking at MB Quart Q or P components in front and matching Coax in the rear. It's gonna take a while for me to put all this together. What's that saying "a journey of a thousand miles" etc. etc. ? It's hard to be patient.
Thanks again for the info. I'll look into the line driver for the sub.
Oz