Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need Help With Navigation/DVD

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007 | 12:32 PM
jmwammock

Default Need Help With Navigation/DVD

Hello all, I'm ready to purchase a Navigation/DVD in dash unit for my 03 Z with Bose. I'm wanting your opinions on the best one out there, the first unit I was going to buy was the Pioneer one but Car Toys told me that Pioneer makes it very difficult to attach a bypass so you can program navigation routes and watch DVD's while driving, they said its easier on other units, so now I'm looking at a Kenwood unit, what are your guys opinions and which unit do you guys have, also will Car Toys or Circuit City or a place like that install the bypass for me to allow programming routes and watching DVDS while driving? (this feature is very important, not for me but passengers) I know they usually say they cant do it, whats your guys thoughts, thanks
Old 09-30-2007 | 02:54 PM
eod nhoj

Default navigation

i installed the pioneer avic z2,and did the bypass very simple procedure.most installers might not do the bypass for you. liability issue.any questions u have pm me and see how i can help
Old 10-06-2007 | 07:14 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

My AVIC N2 was simple enough to by-pass.

+1 on the liability issues. The shop could be sued if you have an accident for everything they're worth. If you do the by-pass you only have yourself to blame/sue.
Old 10-11-2007 | 04:10 AM
JRinTXrog

I hav not actually got my Kenwood installed yet. I have an appointment tomorrow. The guys at Custom Sound told me they would leave the E brake danglng for me and what I did with it was up to me.