Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Anyone installed Infinity Kappa 60.5CS components with stock HU?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:08 AM
ezee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone installed Infinity Kappa 60.5CS components with stock HU?

I'm thinking keeping the 160w stock HU and replacing the front speakers with the Infinity 60.5CS component set, with both woofers and tweets in the stock locations, and the crossovers in the doors. If you've installed these, how do you like the sound? Will these sound underpowered with the stock HU? Any problems with the install? Where did you put your xovers? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

Default 60.2cs

I picked these up awhile back on a clearance deal and installed them as you described in the stock locations.

The volume level was decreased considerably and is crying for more power but overall sound quality, particularly the highs gave enough of an enhancement that I'm pleased with the over-all setup.

The crossovers were simply attached with the grey double-sided tape from 3M to the sound dampening material near the woofer.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Old 05-30-2003, 07:07 PM
ezee

Thanks Shogun, after going to Circuit City tonight and talking to their people I'm thinking about installing an amp for the fronts, might as well do it right or not at all. Gotta do some more shopping...
Old 05-30-2003, 08:53 PM
tobin

I just put those kappas in.

DAMN!

Theyre worth it! But I gutted the whole BOSE system, and removed the sub. Now its ear piercing w/no bass. I also got a 4 channel amp for the infinity kappa 2-way in the rear locations as well. It sounds good, but until i get my sub in ( im trying to decide whether or not to add a custom sub box, or go with the factory location) im not happy. Pics will be posted tomorrow.