Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Speaker wire path/direction...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008 | 10:35 AM
A.E.S.S.

Default Bose Speaker wire path/direction...

Hello guys, i'm no guru here but I need someone's advice about the wiring path/direction of a Bose system (07/Touring) w/out navi. I am determined to do my own installation all the way through but not quite sure how the existing speaker wires travel. I will use an after market amp & components and I would like to keep existing component speaker wire (don't really have to much wattage going to Alpine SPS-171A's). Here is the question because I have read in other threads about the stock Bose Amp Location but I did not find anything about whether or not ther travel of the speaker wires is conventional. By conventional I mean from head unit to Bose Amp and from Bose amp to speakers or is it complicated like from Bose headunit to amp & Bose headunit to speakers where in some complicated way it gets amperage back to the headunit to disburse? Any help from you pros will be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-12-2008 | 08:05 PM
Zridder19

I literally just finsihed my install of a full system with the stock Bose crap. Ive been doing stereos for years now, and that was the biggest pain in the *** I've ever dealt with. You are better running your own speaker wires if you can do so. If not I will give you the diagram for all the different colors you will need to deal with. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2008 | 08:15 PM
Spork

Better to just run your own, new wires. It'll take a few more hours, but it allows a much cleaner, newer install.
Old 01-12-2008 | 09:45 PM
A.E.S.S.

Originally Posted by Zridder19
I literally just finsihed my install of a full system with the stock Bose crap. Ive been doing stereos for years now, and that was the biggest pain in the *** I've ever dealt with. You are better running your own speaker wires if you can do so. If not I will give you the diagram for all the different colors you will need to deal with. Good luck.
Thanks man, I appreciate your help, maybe after seeing the diagrams I might opt to re-wire it myself. It just looks pretty involved to go through lever in the door and feed the wire through. I'm just so busy now but like I said maybe I will give it a shot.
Old 01-13-2008 | 12:34 AM
PoorG35

just use the bose wires, not worth it if using basic comps.
Old 01-13-2008 | 01:01 AM
PoorG35

anyway if you want to see the diagram of the bose amp schematics go here:

hxxp://www.350z-tec h.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=8091

you have to be registered with the website for viewing it i believe.

replace the xx with tt and cut out the spaces. if we arent allowed to put a link to 350z - tech . com than google "350z amp bose" itll be the 2nd link titled "[MISC] Bose Amp Schematics - ********* FORUMS
Old 01-13-2008 | 12:47 PM
A.E.S.S.

Originally Posted by PoorG35
anyway if you want to see the diagram of the bose amp schematics go here:

hxxp://www.350z-tec h.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=8091

you have to be registered with the website for viewing it i believe.

replace the xx with tt and cut out the spaces. if we arent allowed to put a link to 350z - tech . com than google "350z amp bose" itll be the 2nd link titled "[MISC] Bose Amp Schematics - ********* FORUMS
Thanks man, I downloaded that stuff but it's complete giberish to me right now. I did read another thread where a dude had a similar problem. Anyways thanks for your help I also hope other people share their knowledge as well as this is a pretty common problem..

Last edited by A.E.S.S.; 01-13-2008 at 12:49 PM.