Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Polk SRs

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Shyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polk SRs

First off...

I can get an amazing deal on the Polk SR components (360.00 direct from Polk). My buddy at work has a pair in his Scion TC with no rear fill and they sound amazing.

SO... heres my question, how do the SRs sound in the Z with no rear fill? I know they may sound different in each individual vehicle so any input would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - I heard nothing but good things about the SRs so price isnt the number one priority. I was also thinking of going active with them. Any opinions would be helpful

Thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 08:22 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the will work fine i nthe Z, but as i always said, location is more imporant IMO in the Z, so i suggest doing door pods and kicks to properly take advantage of them.

if just stick in the stock location you may notice your buddies TC sounds a lot better

b
Old 03-04-2008, 04:29 AM
StreetOC192

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As usual I agree with all that Bing says. You can really get any component set to sound sweet with the proper install. That said, different component sets have different timbres. If you like the timbre and the sonic characteristics of the Polk SR's, then get them. If you like the sound of Focal Polyglass then get them. If you like the sound of DLS sets, then get them.....you get the idea here.

If you are going to be spending any kind of money on aftermarket components you should not be just dropping them into stock locations. The stock woofer location needs a lot of work and modification to sound good. And the sail panel tweeter location leaves a lot to be desired without a lot of tuning/attenuation/time delay/ etc.....and even then the tweets still probably won't be as great as they could be in a different location.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:02 AM
geomark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have these installed in the doors (rammmat, ensolite, door pods) and they sound great. I still need to tame the rattles a bit. Right now I have the tweets in the stock sails but I think that is blocking some of the highs. I need to get them into the a pillars or a custom pod but they still sound pretty damn good. It is still in the break in period.