Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer FH-P8000BT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 PM
robmc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer FH-P8000BT?

I've tried searching but nothing came up, does anyone have feedback for me on this unit Pioneer FH-P800BT?
I'm not needing Nav or video but mostly want Blue Tooth. Not looking to spend big bucks but don't want something thats crap either, suggestions?
I have an 03 Bose that I've hated since day 1 but now that I've installed a Vortech SC I think I'll be keeping it for a few more years.
I like the idea of double din so I think I want to stay with that size!
Will the head unit help in sound or I'm I eventually going to redo everything? If so I was going to go Polk, highest-end model for the fronts and nothing in the rear and then replace the sub but keep it in the same place as I need the space in the back for work stuff.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't go wrong with Pioneer.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:21 AM
outlawz

i installed this unit in my 04 track model a few weeks ago, it's a huge upgrade from the factory unit (non-bose). the bluetooth works very well, the sound and reception is good and the person on the other side typically can't tell that i'm in a car. i got my unit on crutchfield...they give you all the brackets so you can bring it anywhere to get it installed. the only bad thing about this unit is that it is blue so it totally mismatches the amber but given the bluetooth & ipod functionality and hd radio capability, worth it in my opinion.

there are some more detailed reviews on the crutchfield site:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...684&tab=review
Old 04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Iconoclast1

can you post some installed pics?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:31 PM
outlawz

install pics...the 3rd pic shows where the mic is for the bluetooth.
Attached Thumbnails Pioneer FH-P8000BT?-pioneer1.jpg   Pioneer FH-P8000BT?-pioneer2.jpg   Pioneer FH-P8000BT?-pioneer3.jpg  
Old 04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
robmc9

Thanks for the pictures OutlawZ! Did you try other positions for the mic? If not does it work well were you have it? If so I'll make sure I'll get mine installed in the same place.
I just booked myself in for this upcoming Monday for install. I decided on the below set-up to go with the 8000BT:

Phoenix Gold RSD65cs, RSD10 sub and an Alpine PDX amp.....can't wait to get rid of the crappy Bose I've been listening to for the past 4 years. Now all I need is an Ipod loaded with songs, mine was stolen 2 weeks ago : (

I'm with you on the blue, especially that I've got the burnt orange seats but I'm sure I'll get over it.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:58 PM
z_mini

Originally Posted by outlawz
install pics...the 3rd pic shows where the mic is for the bluetooth.
Did you lose voice for the nav?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Iconoclast1

robmc9, you're gonna have to post a ton of pics!

i plan on getting this deck installed as well but not for another several weeks.

as far as the bluetooth goes, when a call comes in do the speakers just quite down and play your ringtone and deck display show caller id? when talking to someone do all the car speakers work as the speaker? how exactly does it work?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:25 AM
outlawz

Originally Posted by robmc9
Thanks for the pictures OutlawZ! Did you try other positions for the mic? If not does it work well were you have it? If so I'll make sure I'll get mine installed in the same place.
I just booked myself in for this upcoming Monday for install. I decided on the below set-up to go with the 8000BT:

Phoenix Gold RSD65cs, RSD10 sub and an Alpine PDX amp.....can't wait to get rid of the crappy Bose I've been listening to for the past 4 years. Now all I need is an Ipod loaded with songs, mine was stolen 2 weeks ago : (

I'm with you on the blue, especially that I've got the burnt orange seats but I'm sure I'll get over it.
i haven't tried other positions for the mic, the other option was attaching it to the visor, but i like it by the rearview mirror because it's nicely tucked away there and it seems to work fine there. i'm used to the blue already one more thing, if you want to use the ipod functionality, you have to buy an ipod cable...annoying.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:31 AM
outlawz

Originally Posted by Iconoclast1
robmc9, you're gonna have to post a ton of pics!

i plan on getting this deck installed as well but not for another several weeks.

as far as the bluetooth goes, when a call comes in do the speakers just quite down and play your ringtone and deck display show caller id? when talking to someone do all the car speakers work as the speaker? how exactly does it work?
the speakers cut out and it beeps, the deck shows who is calling and you can also load your phonebook into the unit. full documentation is here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...Manual0228.pdf

yeah, voice for the NAV is gone. i believe any unit other than the factory unit installed will cause you to lose NAV voice.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Iconoclast1

outlaws, what brand is the trim piece around the deck and where did you get it? it looks like it fits absolutely perfect!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:28 AM
outlawz

i got the deck from crutchfield, they supplied all the necessary brackets...it does fit perfectly, am very satisfied with how it was installed too.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Lsmith9523

the speakers cut out and it beeps, the deck shows who is calling and you can also load your phonebook into the unit. full documentation is here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...Manual0228.pdf

yeah, voice for the NAV is gone. i believe any unit other than the factory unit installed will cause you to lose NAV voice.
I think there is a way to wire in a seperate speaker in order to provide NAV Voice. I think Bing and others have done this before. Can anyone chime in with advice/direction?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:37 PM
gclancer

I was going to get the deck too but just don't want to sacrafice the audio control on my steering wheel.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:24 AM
ColoradoClark

i got the deck from crutchfield, they supplied all the necessary brackets...it does fit perfectly, am very satisfied with how it was installed too.
I know prices will vary for services, but I'm just lookiing for a ballpark number. Would you mind sharing how much you paid to have the unit installed?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 AM
outlawz

Originally Posted by ColoradoClark
I know prices will vary for services, but I'm just lookiing for a ballpark number. Would you mind sharing how much you paid to have the unit installed?
i paid about $105 at car toys locally here in houston, the installer was good imo.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:01 PM
blazefast

the only bad thing about this unit is that it is blue so it totally mismatches the amber

Blue and orange/amber are complementary colors. I think it'll look great! I think I'll order one on Monday.

Anyone know of any better deal than Crutchfield? I mean, yeah, I could get it for about $50 cheaper somewhere else, but Crutchfield includes all those great cables and brackets
Old 06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Iconoclast1

Finally got to installing the deck. I love it already!

Here are the pics:

This is where I dragged the usb cable for the time being.

This is where the I placed the bluetooth mic. My Viper 5900 receiver is also visible

Connected to my phone

Old 06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
gclancer

Originally Posted by Iconoclast1
Finally got to installing the deck. I love it already!

Here are the pics:

This is where I dragged the usb cable for the time being.

This is where the I placed the bluetooth mic. My Viper 5900 receiver is also visible

Connected to my phone

Are you still able to use the audio control on the steering wheel?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
bladilo

Thumbs up

I have this head unit also, love the blue glow at night. You can have the USB adapter installed in the middle glove box if you don't have anything in there and its very easy to use.

Quick Reply: Pioneer FH-P8000BT?