Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Please Help - speaker rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 05:21 PM
drw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help - speaker rattle

I just spent a little over $1000 dollars upgrading the base stereo system in my Z. $430 of that was for installation (Dynomatt both doors,install speakers and basslink) and now I'm noticing a speaker rattle when I play a particular song (Desire by Boz Skaggs) . The song has some heavy midbass in the beginning and if I turn it up past 11 there is an annoying buzzing sound coming from my door speakers. I think the heavy midbass in the song makes the speakers vibrate enough to make contact with the plastic speaker grill (stock grill). Keep in mind 11 is pretty loud with amped speakers but I still don't think I should have to live with it this way. If it does it on that song, I'm sure it will eventually happen on other songs to.

My question is if Sound Advice says "thats just the way it is going to be" or something like "those speakers are just to big for the doors" what recourse do I have? I can't return the speakers for that reason (ordered online not from store). Can I ask to be reimbursed for the installation if thay have to be pulled out? Or do you guys think this is something they should be able to fix. I did my research before buying and according to sounddomain.com they were supposed to be a good fit for the Z. (you can type in your car model on their site and they tell you what audio equipment will fit). I've never upgraded my car stereo before so I don't know if this is a major problem or not.