Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

opinions on image dynamics ID's

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008 | 10:51 AM
Get_Zwole

Default opinions on image dynamics ID's

Hey guys dont know that im gonna go with the IDQ's little high for me and dont wanna buy another amp. Im thinking of getting two ID's 10d4 v3's. Anybody have these in there car? When i search i see many people talking about them but no real feedback. I have a jl w6v2 in there now a 10'' and im wanting to replace it with these. Any suggestions on which i should go with or even another brand for roughly the same price? thanks. Also i have a jl 500/1 amp right now and i wanna get by with using it but i can always sell it and get something else too. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2008 | 07:41 PM
Alwyn

i have 2 idq10d2 v3 in my car and i absolutely love it... the sound quality of the sub is very very good. In terms of spl, in my sealed box, im doing 138.4 db.
Ever since i started doing ICE systems in my car, i've only used Image dynamics, not only because it's easily available to me but because its priced reasonably with very good performance.
im running it off DLS A6 amp.
Old 11-09-2008 | 09:10 PM
orgasm_donor

I have built many sealed and ported enclosures for the ID subs with very good results! I prefer ported because of the efficiency and output of the sub but sealed can be nearly as good with sufficient power.

Please be sure to build or have the enclosure built to manufacturer's specs or at least have a professional design the anclosure. That is the most important part of your subwoofer system.
Old 11-10-2008 | 08:54 AM
Get_Zwole

thanks for the advice guys. I think i may go another route now though. Since the two id's prob wont exceed my w6v2 a whole lot im just gonna keep it until i can afford to get a custom box made and power the idq's. Thanks for the advice though.