Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

basslink generates excessive rattling?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 10:31 AM
meatwad79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question basslink generates excessive rattling?

for those who have their basslink installed in the bose sub enclosure space, have you experienced a little more rattle than expected? if so how was the problem dealt?
right now i have the flat plain cover over the enclosure (NOT the bose perferated speaker housing cover) and im wondering if maybe the fact that there is no noise ventilation through this cover that that may have something to do with it?
obviously i have dynomat in place, but im wondering if the basslink would be better off in the trunk space instead. i just hate the idea of making it obvious that its there, and of course using up the already sparse cargo room.
thanks in advance.

ps, i do not have mine bolted down in fear of drilling through something important, i.e. the gas tank. how were yours bolted down?

Last edited by meatwad79; 09-19-2003 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:19 AM
BrickydZ

Default BassLink

There are several go threads in here about the BassLink and other installs. You might search for them, and get a few more ideas.

Also I would definitly bolt it down, that should take care of most of the problem, and go ahead and get the Bose cover. It's very inexpensive and looks good. That should help as well.

Have a nice day.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Zaph32

I am in the same boat -

My basslink is not bolted down for the same reason. The front of it is screwed up with two screws and the back just "rests." Click my search button to see threads with pics of my install.

I did get the bose cover (hey, only $5, right?)

I do get the rattles - a lot of them and they have started to really annoy me lately.

It sounds (to me) like the rattles are coming from the plastic side/rear trim pieces, especially the sides.

I plan to remove them at some point and try adding dynamat to them to add weight and make them stop rattling.

That's worth noting - you don't have to dip the whole damn car in Dynomat to make it work - just apply pieces of it to problem pieces that are reverberating.

Let me know how you come out with this...