Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

my rear speakers wont play with new HU...??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:20 PM
loudrims_inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question my rear speakers wont play with new HU...??

ok so heres my story, i just finished all the wiring from the harness(bose) to the pioneer avh p-3100dvd harness and i fired that bad girl up and "voila"...only the front speakers and factory bose amp plays sound...my rears are completely silent!!!...then i decided "ok maybe i should begin a process of elimination" so i hooked my factory Bose HU back up(just the harness, not the ant.) so i can listen and conclude whether its my rear speakers or not and it doesnt even turn on, i said "oh my, what have i done"...at that moment, with my heart racing, thoughts in my head thinkin of the worst, i threw my P3100 back in(while praying to the man above i didnt screw it up) hoping to see the illumination of the HU and it turns on with no problem and played music but only front and bose amp had sound once again...it was a sign of releif...

...anyways, ....i need assistance on figuring out what is wrong?? if anyone installed a HU with a metra bose harness, please give me a hand...all help is appreciated!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:20 PM
aduhm619

Do you use aftermarket AMPs? Are you using RCAs? This might be your problem.. The AVH p3100 only has 2 RCA pre-outs. One set for the front speakers and one set for the rear/sub. So if your using the RCA's, you can only use your front speakers with the addition of your rear speakers OR subs. But of course this is only if your using the RCA's.. More info would help
Old 06-20-2009, 04:22 AM
loudrims_inc

Originally Posted by aduhm619
Do you use aftermarket AMPs? Are you using RCAs? This might be your problem.. The AVH p3100 only has 2 RCA pre-outs. One set for the front speakers and one set for the rear/sub. So if your using the RCA's, you can only use your front speakers with the addition of your rear speakers OR subs. But of course this is only if your using the RCA's.. More info would help
yes i am using the RCA'si have the front speakers RCA's hooked up to the "FL" and "FR" and the rear speakers RCA's plugged into the "SWL" and "SWR"...and no i dont have an aftermarket amp, im using the factory bose amp....
Old 06-20-2009, 06:59 AM
loudrims_inc

Lightbulb Finally!!

Originally Posted by Ruff_Racer
yes i am using the RCA'si have the front speakers RCA's hooked up to the "FL" and "FR" and the rear speakers RCA's plugged into the "SWL" and "SWR"...and no i dont have an aftermarket amp, im using the factory bose amp....
...I threw some RCA splitters on my RCA's and hooked to the SWL and SWR outputs and it FINALLY works!!! Thanks alot bro!!!