Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

free air sub

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Clos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default free air sub

I know everyone asks about replacing the factory sub with something else, and everyone pretty much says "sounds like s***. We all know basically its because subs require the right amount of volume in order to hit hard and clean. What if you bought a free air sub which doesn't require a specific amount of volume to sound good.

I'm not a pro im just asking. Curious. I dont want to invest money in a system for some f****er to steal it on me.

Any info will be greatly appreciated who know what the deal is.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Blue Liquid

I'm with you man. I wanna know too.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:42 AM
jhagan

Dont do it.. I went that route.. Build a box.. it will cost you 20 to 100 more bucks depending on how many tools you have. I spent 70 on a dremel that I always wanted and had the guys at home depote cut the mdf for me. Do it yourself.. I did it.. First box i ever built.. Sounds great.. search the fourm for the deminsions.. me and few other guys went this route.. Trust me.. dont waste your time..

PM me and i'll send you pics of mine if you cant find them on the fourm
Old 10-03-2003, 07:36 AM
lascala26

I have a Phoenix Gold free air sub in the factory location and it sounds pretty good. Don't expect deep or exceptionally pronounced bass, but it does make for a good upgrade if you don't want to do a box. I have a box in the rear for my heavy bass. No rattles from the free air sub either!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:29 AM
jhagan

Dont do it.. I went that route.. Build a box.. it will cost you 20 to 100 more bucks depending on how many tools you have. I spent 70 on a dremel that I always wanted and had the guys at home depote cut the mdf for me. Do it yourself.. I did it.. First box i ever built.. Sounds great.. search the fourm for the deminsions.. me and few other guys went this route.. Trust me.. dont waste your time..

PM me and i'll send you pics of mine if you cant find them on the fourm
Old 10-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Clos

I decided to build a box and do it this weekend. I have this gut feeling my box is gunna rattle. i will use mdf and silicone the entire boarder. I also have dynamat to install. The only thing that kinda sux is im leaving the factory stereo in due to the lack of dallors i can throw into this. I'm only gunna build a single 10 box. I dont want to put on a showcase for di*ks to come and steal it. I have a kenwood 600x2 amp, and an infinity kappa sub for the bass part of the system.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:47 PM
cantcatchme22

I have a guy at Now Audio Video who is going to make me a custom box inside the factory location. Currently I have a Rockford Fosgate DVC sub in there with an Alpine 500 watt amp to it and it does not sound all that great ( a little flat ). This box will do the trick. I would suggest going to a stereo place who makes their own boxes and have them make one. It will sound 10x's better than the Bose.