Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audio components

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Reb1281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio components

This weekend I will be buying my sound system. I just need some recommendations and/or info. I am interested in a HU that plays mp3/wma's, which would be the best suited. The infinity basslink is an interesting sub and would fit perfectly inside the stock location, but I would like to know about the sound quality. The car contains 2 speakers in the back, 2 in the front, and 2 tweeters up front, am I right? Now would it be best to replace all 4 speakers, plus the 2 tweeters, or just the speakers. Would the infinity kappas 63.5i 6 1/2" be the better choice for the speakers, and is the 6 1/2" size recommended or should they be bigger. What about the tweeters, which brand. I have basic knowledge of car sound systems and would appreciate if you guys could answer these questions. Thank you.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:27 PM
tanakaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HU choice is a matter of opinion (I prefer Alpine). Just stick with the major manufacturers and you should be okay (Alpine, Kenwood, etc.). Most of the high end units can read MP3s, but not all can read WMAs. Make sure to look at the face place to see if it can read WMA.

I can't comment on the basslink. I've never listen to one in a Z.

You're right on the speakers. You should replace all of them.

Like with the HU, speakers and user opinions are relative. Just go into a store and listen for yourself. Again, stay with the major brands (Infinity, polk, etc.)