Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

My trunk install (V2.0) *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

My buddy Dave who did my install raves about Audiocontrol but has mentioned them having quality control issues on occasion. He also says the only thing it really lacks is TA as you have mentioned. I haven't stepped up to the plate on a processor for my setup but I'm ready to install one this summer. Let me/us know what you decide on.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:26 PM
duro78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its about time someone put some nice eqiupment in their car rather than jl or some other bs. DD are the top dogs of car audio. what are you doing for electrical support
Old 06-19-2010, 10:10 PM
orgasm_donor

Originally Posted by duro78
Its about time someone put some nice eqiupment in their car rather than jl or some other bs. DD are the top dogs of car audio. what are you doing for electrical support
I am running streetwires for my 1/0 power cable as well as my distribution blocks. I also run the Zero noise RCA's also made by street wires. Its good stuff! I have done the big three including 1/0 to my alternator and my battery is a Kinetik AGM HC1800. My electrical is allll goood!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:50 AM
duro78

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor
I am running streetwires for my 1/0 power cable as well as my distribution blocks. I also run the Zero noise RCA's also made by street wires. Its good stuff! I have done the big three including 1/0 to my alternator and my battery is a Kinetik AGM HC1800. My electrical is allll goood!!!
Yes it is man after my own heart. the big 3 def makes a big difference. Im running yt for up front but i need a second batt for the rear since I upgraded to an aq2200. How the hell did you fit a hc1800 under the hood, did you modify the plastic shroud? your keep the sub sealed I assume. post pics when your done.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:12 AM
orgasm_donor

Originally Posted by duro78
Yes it is man after my own heart. the big 3 def makes a big difference. Im running yt for up front but i need a second batt for the rear since I upgraded to an aq2200. How the hell did you fit a hc1800 under the hood, did you modify the plastic shroud? your keep the sub sealed I assume. post pics when your done.
The 1800 fit with only wiring modifications:

All covers went back on with no problems at all.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:41 PM
FilthyZ

Subscribed for this. Looks awesome so far. Great work is hard to come by.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:12 PM
orgasm_donor

Sorry we're getting a tad off-topic here....

Here is the latest on my sub enclosure (the top part at least.):

So I pretty much had two rings sandwiched together to make the subwoofer baffle and I attached it to the bottom base using three strong screws. Once I got that all into place I grabbed a green fleece blanket and stretched it from the sub rings outwards making the smooth formation of the enclosure.

I then coated the fleece with a nice heavy coat of resin then once that dried, another coat. Because of the design of the removeable top piece, I have full access to the underside of the stretched panel. I coated this with resin then added my fibreglass. In these pictures I have five layers of fibreglass. At the end of it, there will be about 8-9 layers. The sub is about 35 lbs and is going to take about 2300 watts of power RMS so yeah, it needs to be a beefy one!

The back of the enclosure has a cool 'bulge' in it to accomodate the triple stacked magnets and girth of the sub. After all finishing it will be alien but very cool!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:24 PM
FilthyZ

Lookin good so far o-donor. I made and installed my last fiberglass install in my old Honda. I'm thinking about starting something with the Z, It won't be anything like this as I don't want to weigh the car down at all. I even considered a Wicked CAS enclosure.

You plan on paint matching it to your car or interior color? Or just wrapping it? Here's what I finished and painted matched.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 PM
orgasm_donor

I will most likely vinyl wrap it all as I have done a complete vinyl wrap on my trunk interior panels. I will do the floor part in suede as I have done my ceiling and hatch panel.

Yes, this is black

Old 06-21-2010, 01:56 AM
duro78

Damn I love your electrical setup I wish I saw it before I bought these small a** stock size batteries
Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 PM
orgasm_donor

Here's an update!

The sub in question: Digital Designs 3510 DVC2. 1200 watts RMS, 4000 watts max.

Plenty of Icing covering this enclosure. Lots of sanding and smoothing it all out

All hooked up and ready to test!

The sub sounds absolutely wicked! I would guess its hitting around the 145 DB mark but thats not what its for. Its there for SQ! And yes, it does that extremely well.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:05 PM
350Z_Al

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks good so far! I was an installer for many years. This almost motivates me to get off my *** and finish the system in my Z

I like the equipment choice too. (I used to be a DD dealer )
Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 AM
sintaxeror

Your work is sick...
Old 06-28-2010, 07:44 PM
orgasm_donor

Originally Posted by al@phatrides
Looks good so far! I was an installer for many years. This almost motivates me to get off my *** and finish the system in my Z

I like the equipment choice too. (I used to be a DD dealer )
I recognize the name Al!
I am the new Canadian distributor of Digital Designs!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
revho

Your install looks very good!!! I am also planning on using the Rockford 3Sixty.2.I have it laying around in my closet. i would like to know how you end up liking it. One of the main reasons i bought it was because of the bandpassing possibilities from the crossovers built in and that everything can be controlled bluetooth through a computer.That little thing seems like it has the potential of being awesome! I love the carbon on the tower brace looks so sick!!! Did you make it or buy it?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
orgasm_donor

Originally Posted by revho
Your install looks very good!!! I am also planning on using the Rockford 3Sixty.2.I have it laying around in my closet. i would like to know how you end up liking it. One of the main reasons i bought it was because of the bandpassing possibilities from the crossovers built in and that everything can be controlled bluetooth through a computer.That little thing seems like it has the potential of being awesome! I love the carbon on the tower brace looks so sick!!! Did you make it or buy it?
Thanks revho! I bought that carbon fibre panle but had to modify it slightly for the 'Z' to fit properly in the hole. Otherwise I am pretty happy with it.

We'll have to trade 3sixty.2 user stories. I will be picking mine up this Thursday and can't wait!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:17 PM
350Z_Al

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Any updates?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:25 PM
orgasm_donor

Just waiting for my vinyl guy to get back from vacation but otherwise it sounds fantastic so far! Blew some people's minds on the weekend here at a competition on Vancouver Island with my little 10" sub. Also gotta order up some 1/2" Plexi and get my trunk going.

Its a long and slow process but she's coming along nicely!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
jmf

looking good
Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor
Here's an update!

The sub in question: Digital Designs 3510 DVC2. 1200 watts RMS, 4000 watts max.

Plenty of Icing covering this enclosure. Lots of sanding and smoothing it all out

All hooked up and ready to test!

The sub sounds absolutely wicked! I would guess its hitting around the 145 DB mark but thats not what its for. Its there for SQ! And yes, it does that extremely well.

145 on the TL no

Quick Reply: My trunk install (V2.0) *pics*