Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011 | 02:19 AM
ti837

Default Radio Problem

About a few weeks ago I installed my backup camera to the double din dvd player and ever since then my radio signal is not coming in clear at all. I pulled the din out to make sure it was plugged in tight and it was. is there a way to figure out if the problem is my dvd player or the radio wire without having to install a new headunit to test it out? When i pulled the dvd player out and wiggled the radio wire around, it seems like the radio signal gets fuzzy then. I have no idea what is wrong.
Old 01-03-2011 | 03:26 AM
ti837

Nevermind sorry i figured out the problem, but now a new problem occured. I now noticed and realized why the forgot or didnt hook up the antenna wire. Well at the time i didnt know it was the antenna amp but when i hook up the blue wire from my headunit to the antenna amp and my subwoofer amp, the subwoofer amp doesnt turn on. if its just the blue wire from the headunit to the subwoofer, then the amp turns on prefectly fine. any advise?
Old 01-03-2011 | 05:03 AM
SageZ

a 350z does not have a power antenna, just hook the blue wire to the amp and your set
Old 01-03-2011 | 05:54 AM
cnp112

the Z does have an antenna amplifier...i researched the audio/video service manual for the 07 350z...the Z does have an antenna amplifier in the rear of the car next to the antenna...this antenna amplifier is used to amplify the radio signal and send it back to the HU (i have included documentation below)...however...it needs a TURN ON / POWER signal...which is currently supplied by terminal 5 on the stock head unit....i believe the ANTENNA POWER wire on the 350z wiring harness should be connected to the REMOTE TURN ON wire on the head unit...so when the aftermarket radio turns on...the radio amplifier will turn on as well...

ANTENNA SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
With the ignition switch in ACC or ON, power is supplied
through 10A fuse [No. 6, located in the fuse block (J/B)]
to audio unit terminal 10.
Ground is supplied through the case of the antenna amp.
When the radio switch is turned ON, antenna signal is supplied
through audio unit terminal 5
to antenna amp. terminal 1.
Then the antenna amp. is activated.
Antenna signals amplified by the antenna amp. are supplied to the audio unit.