Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Best non-iPhone HU?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Mike Anthony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best non-iPhone HU?

I was going to buy the Alpine INA-W910, but after reading about it I found it requires an iPhone to work some of the features, such as Pandora radio. And I don't own, nor do I want an iPhone.

Any suggestions on the best HU that doesn't require an iPhone?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
wrecker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Anthony
I was going to buy the Alpine INA-W910, but after reading about it I found it requires an iPhone to work some of the features, such as Pandora radio. And I don't own, nor do I want an iPhone.

Any suggestions on the best HU that doesn't require an iPhone?
what exactly do u mean.. no iphone.. like no ipod as well? or usb thumb stick?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:40 PM
R350Zz33

if you want a hu that supports pandora there are some i believe but if not then just get a hu i know iphones are to expensive for some people but that doent mean to give your hopes up on a head unit that supports pandora. btw pandora sucks why would u want it anyway just buy one you can plug an ipod (or iphone ) in and listen to your whole music library.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Mike Anthony

iPhone isn't too expensive, i'd just rather have my android smart phones instead. The head unit I wanted needed an iphone to be able to play pandora and some other features. Like, you actually have to connect the iphone with bluetooth to make some things on it work, which I'm not interested in.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:56 AM
R350Zz33

im sorry put those phones are a shitty copy of an iphone my gf got the incredible when it first came lets just say its the not so incredible the few people i know that have these phones that have verizon will be switch when there plans run up. the battery life is crap on them the apps are always quitting. case and point my gf's phone my phone( iphone 4 att&t)
i will come home from work after working in a big steal building with no service brightness half way up using it a good portion when i get service and ill have 62% battery hers sits on a shelf has good service no apps running at all brightness all the way down she will go trough 3 batteries 1 stock and 2 extended. the best part is the aps that make it like an iphone
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 AM
FlushedOut

check out the pioneer avh p3300bt, the pandora i think needs an iPhone for it to work but everything else is perfect. I'm loving it in my car atm especially the fact that it has a built in amp and some of the best reviews around. =) glw shopping.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:18 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
im sorry put those phones are a shitty copy of an iphone my gf got the incredible when it first came lets just say its the not so incredible the few people i know that have these phones that have verizon will be switch when there plans run up. the battery life is crap on them the apps are always quitting. case and point my gf's phone my phone( iphone 4 att&t)
i will come home from work after working in a big steal building with no service brightness half way up using it a good portion when i get service and ill have 62% battery hers sits on a shelf has good service no apps running at all brightness all the way down she will go trough 3 batteries 1 stock and 2 extended. the best part is the aps that make it like an iphone
The Incredible WAS a terrible phone. Shame on her or whoever was dumb enough to buy that phone before researching. However no need to get in a debate and beat a dead horse on Apple Vs Droid. But your story seems a little extreme. I also owned both iphone 4s for Verizon/AT&T and battery life was def not something to brag about. It would be time to charge it around 5-6pm daily. However now My Droid X with 1850MAH battery last all the way til 9-10pm with all day use txting calling etc.

back OT buy a AUX plug and just plug it into the headphones of your droid. I do that sometimes for Pandaro or Tune in radio bc my reception SUCKS in my Z
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Mike Anthony

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
The Incredible WAS a terrible phone. Shame on her or whoever was dumb enough to buy that phone before researching. However no need to get in a debate and beat a dead horse on Apple Vs Droid. But your story seems a little extreme. I also owned both iphone 4s for Verizon/AT&T and battery life was def not something to brag about. It would be time to charge it around 5-6pm daily. However now My Droid X with 1850MAH battery last all the way til 9-10pm with all day use txting calling etc.

back OT buy a AUX plug and just plug it into the headphones of your droid. I do that sometimes for Pandaro or Tune in radio bc my reception SUCKS in my Z
Yeah that/s probably what I'll do. I guess it's not really that important.

I've had an iPhone. And I've had all the best Droid phones. Evo 4G was my favorite. Gotta say personally that Droid was a lot more reliable for me and I don't want to go back to an iPhone. But anyways. To each their own.