Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

2008 Coupe, Kenwood DDX419 install issues with Bose

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:33 AM
greg7140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Coupe, Kenwood DDX419 install issues with Bose

I thought I did all my homework to get this to work, but can not get the Bose Amp to turn on. Actually the Blue/white wire going from HU to the OEM harness does not mate up to a wire in the harness?

Prelim info about setup:

HU Swap in my wifes 2008 350Z coupe with 6cd Bose System, I Purchased a Kenwood DDX419 and the PAC-ROEMNIS-2. Right now wanting to just use OEM Bose Amps and Speakers, plan on swapping all out this summer.

Correctly soldered all wires from Kenwood harness to Cable A of the PAC-ROEMNIS-2. Including grounding directly to car. Very low sound even with gain of the PAC turned all the way up. Upon looking closer to the PAC cable C that attaches to the stock OEM harness there is NO corresponding wire in the OEM harness that the PAC blue/white amp turn on wire would connect to. So this amp turn on wire from the PAC is not connected to any thing? So of course the amp is not turning on!!

If I connect the Stock 6cd Bose HU back up, the Bose amps power up and everything works fine??

Is there something I am missing? Or will the PAC-ROEMNIS-2 not work on the 2008 Bose system? I read in one of the infinity forums that some of the newer units don't use the analog 12v signal to turn on the Bose Amps but use a digital signal from the CAN Bus.

Does anyone know if this is the case with the 2008 350 system?

If this is the case, is there anyway around it without removing all the bose amp/speakers and replacing with normal aftermarket equipment? That is my plan for my wife's car this summer...but just don't want to tackle it right now during the winter...too dang cold in the garage ri got now!

Thanks for any info!

Greg