Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Kenwood DDX470 Custom Background and Andriod USB problems - Answers Inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 AM
CynicalSaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood DDX470 Custom Background and Andriod USB problems - Answers Inside

Hello all,

I just purchased the Kenwood DDX470, and the two issues above I could not find solutions to anywhere on the Internet. After long research and a call to Kenwood, I thought I would post the final answers here so others searching can find them.

Custom Background: Sure, you can find on the internet that the file must be JPG 800x600, however it must also NOT be a progressive JPG. In your image software when exporting the JPG, uncheck the "progressive" box, and now your JPG will work on the radio.

Android USB not working: In their infinite wisdom, Google took out the ability for your phone to be recognized as simply a Mass Storage Device. Instead they are using some fancy MTP, media transfer protocol. In order for the HU to recognize your phone, it MUST be in a Mass Storage Mode. There is no fix or work around for this. If you have a new Android device, it appears that you are just SOL, unless Google decides to add this feature back in. Which it does not appear that they will.

Hope this helps others looking for these answers.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:41 PM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I was pretty bummed that my phone wont work with USB, but it works perfect through bluetooth and auxiliary so I dont care.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:01 AM
d21arren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So am I correct in reading this, that my android phone will not work through usb connection to the head unit, but will still work through blue tooth connection? I am looking at upgrading to this headunit and want to know my options for connection to my phone. Currenly I run pandora and rhapsody on my phone, but would also like to charge my phone while in the car. Guess I will just have to use a car charged hooked up between the seats. thanks