Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bluetooth or aux in

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 PM
viper3two

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth or aux in

I have a 2007 Z Grand Touring with the CY03D Bose head. No OEM nav on the car, so I bought a Garmin nuvi 2689LMT. The nuvi has Bluetooth capability, it is paired to my cell and it fits pretty good in the cubby hole.
What I want to do is have the audio of the nuvi sent to the Bose system..... With the top down, I can't hear it at all sitting in the cubby hole, the little speaker is on the back side of it.
Been doing some searching and found the iSimple Isgm531 that will inline an aux input on the Bose system. Couple of issues with this, there is no audio out jack on the nuvi, and I don't think that it would work the way I would like it to; I want to be able to listen to music and have the nuvi nav come over the speakers. I would have to add an output jack on the nuvi somehow...probably wire one to the the little speaker on it and kill the warranty, just bought it a few days ago.
Next option would be Bluetooth, but not sure if the nuvi would even pair to an oem radio. I believe the bt on the nuvi is for pairing with cellphones.

Is there any solution to this or any other way to make it work the way I want it to? I sure don't want to dump 3grand into the oem nav for this car......just want to find a way to get the audio out of the nuvi to the bose system.
Thanks
Old 08-17-2015, 05:02 PM
mcubed45

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by viper3two
I have a 2007 Z Grand Touring with the CY03D Bose head. No OEM nav on the car, so I bought a Garmin nuvi 2689LMT. The nuvi has Bluetooth capability, it is paired to my cell and it fits pretty good in the cubby hole.
What I want to do is have the audio of the nuvi sent to the Bose system..... With the top down, I can't hear it at all sitting in the cubby hole, the little speaker is on the back side of it.
Been doing some searching and found the iSimple Isgm531 that will inline an aux input on the Bose system. Couple of issues with this, there is no audio out jack on the nuvi, and I don't think that it would work the way I would like it to; I want to be able to listen to music and have the nuvi nav come over the speakers. I would have to add an output jack on the nuvi somehow...probably wire one to the the little speaker on it and kill the warranty, just bought it a few days ago.
Next option would be Bluetooth, but not sure if the nuvi would even pair to an oem radio. I believe the bt on the nuvi is for pairing with cellphones.

Is there any solution to this or any other way to make it work the way I want it to? I sure don't want to dump 3grand into the oem nav for this car......just want to find a way to get the audio out of the nuvi to the bose system.
Thanks
TBH there aren't really any advantages in a dedicated NAVI system vs what any smartphone can do now days. The nice thing about streaming audio from your phone is you can play music and the navigation prompts will automatically turn down the music for a second so you can hear it. If you plop your phone in your center console cubby then you've got turn by turn visual navigation. It works really well.

I don't recall if the bose unit has an auxillary in but there's other workarounds for connecting your phone if you're dead set on keeping the stock radio. But honestly, aftermarket headunits are so cheap now days with bluetooth and auxillary inputs almost standard.
The following users liked this post:
viper3two (08-18-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 05:40 PM
viper3two

Thanks for the reply. After looking into this I'm probably going to aftermarket head unit. Too much of a hassle with the stock bose HU for sure. Question though...If I go aftermarket head unit, could I still use the rest of the bose system or will I have to replace amp and speakers too? Thanks much
Old 08-18-2015, 06:41 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Bluetooth or aux in

I used my speakers and amp no problem had to buy a special harness if I'm not mistaken
The following users liked this post:
viper3two (08-19-2015)
Old 08-19-2015, 03:00 PM
viper3two

Thanks Chad