Audio set up: Exhibition vs hidden - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audio set up: Exhibition vs hidden

Old 10-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Wet feet

Wow after reading this I just came up with another idea; I could probably very easily spray the front of those amps black. I mean, well done, taped off, no drips etc. I'm not sure if that would be ghetto, or inferior to the speaker grill modification.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Wet feet

Obviously not a Z, but some of the extravagant work I was eluding to previously
Old 10-24-2017, 02:13 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Im semi stealth.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:46 AM
JMII

Originally Posted by Wet feet View Post
Wow after reading this I just came up with another idea; I could probably very easily spray the front of those amps black. I mean, well done, taped off, no drips etc. I'm not sure if that would be ghetto, or inferior to the speaker grill modification.
Painting anything well usually comes down to the prep work, IE: sanding, primer, top coat, etc. Something tells me a rattle can job on metal heat sinks isn't going to be pretty in the end. What about those holes in the amps? Are they purely cosmetic or would paint reach the circuit board?
Old 10-25-2017, 09:50 AM
Wet feet

Originally Posted by JMII View Post
Painting anything well usually comes down to the prep work, IE: sanding, primer, top coat, etc. Something tells me a rattle can job on metal heat sinks isn't going to be pretty in the end. What about those holes in the amps? Are they purely cosmetic or would paint reach the circuit board?
Great point! I would probably have to take the case off and give it to an auto painter friend, he'd do it free, but that's too much of a pain in the rump. I think the best answer is to build the aforementioned frames with some speaker cloth. Thanks for that tip.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: