Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

sick of INFINITY BASSLINKS...other options???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 09:38 AM
sicilianoNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sick of INFINITY BASSLINKS...other options???

Ok so like i wrote about a week and a half ago my 2nd infinity basslink since september seemed to have issues. I exchanged it and now 10 days later the 3rd basslink ive has started to cut out now and then. Its weird because it cuts out itnermittently, like 80% of the time it plays fine and then sometimes it will jus styop playing but the power light stays on. I doubt i blew the thing cuz it didn't ever sound distorted and the gain is only 2/3 of the way up. Anyways im done with basslinks, what other options do i have? I wanted to get an amp i guess and a sub but keep it in the stock location. How much can I get a box built for in that location. How much is the Nazar (under the rear brace) box? i need help
Old 03-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Beaker02

Bummer bout the Basslink. I get mine installed in a couple of weeks. I hope I have better luck. Now, lets see...

1. Iv'e heard there is a JL that sounds good in the stock location without a box if you severly dynamat it. My car stero guy here at the shop also says to check into Kicker.

2. Could your problem be something in your wireing? Something universal to all 3 installs? Power? Ground? Etc.

3. Could you be pulling to much power on your stock batt? Are you useing a cap?

In any event, good luck!
Old 03-18-2004, 02:54 PM
jesfuego

well I will let you know how the infinity perfect 10.1 sounds in the factory location. I will be installing 2 of them this Sat. I will take picks of all the instalation.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:57 PM
2003z

maybe its the wiring from the headunit to the basslink. 3 bad ones is a lot for one person, when several others of us have them and have no problems. It could also be because yours isnt mounted and just sitting back there. Maybe it moves around and temporarily shorts a connection.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:03 PM
wesleyvt

Default over heating?

you may want to check if it is overheating. Do you leave plenty of space open around the fins (heat sinks). That may be why it cuts out but the power light stays on. also could be an intermittent connection somewhere, possibly the wire from the battery has worn where it comes through the firewall and is shorting out. If all three bass links did the same thing I would check the above.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:33 PM
sicilianoNYC

It's not the power or ground or remote because i have another JL 2 channel amp powering my components up front and it never dies or cuts out. Once when it stoppped working I took a cd player with a rca output and put it into the basslink to make sure it wasnt an RCA short and it still did not work. This is strange It cut out for a second time ealrier today for 40 secs then came back and has been ok for the rest of the day. No doubt this will happen again though....

If me and joe (jtree007) can't figure it out this weekend I am gonna I guess buy a nazar box and find and amp and sub to put in./.... although when the basslink works im COMPLETELY happy with the output
Old 08-14-2004, 09:56 AM
GATMIX

It the factory bose system. What is happening is the whole left side of your system, meaning the speakekers on the drivers side will stop working. i have had the same problem and after rewiring everything for the third time I finally figured this out. I am going to take mine into the dealer. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ready for the MagicBox yet?

Nazar
Old 08-24-2004, 03:39 PM
ss350

hey nazar... my painted box is sliding all over the trunk when i accelerate. Any suggestions/fixes?

The box sounds great, but I can't even slightly punch the gas without it hitting the back of my trunk??????
Old 08-25-2004, 07:15 AM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ss350
hey nazar... my painted box is sliding all over the trunk when i accelerate. Any suggestions/fixes?

The box sounds great, but I can't even slightly punch the gas without it hitting the back of my trunk??????
Painted boxes are looser then the rest, because the Vinyl and carpet makes the box thicker.

3 ways to fix this.

1. Take ths subs out and screw the box in from each side. This will prevent it from moving. (some people don't lik ethis method because it requires screwing into the side panels, However the box will always be there and if you ever take the box out you can use screw caps to cover the holes.)

2. Use little L brackets from the front side of the car.

3. Velcro the sides of the box, as well as the bottom of the box.