Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Anybody install a remote start on 6spd?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 06:54 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help. The hoodpin is good for remote starts as well, that way it won't remote start the car if the hood is up. What you're saying is right, but it's really not that hard to hook up the one wire....not to mention I've already run it out under the hood.

As for the door locks...I'm not really sure I know what you mean....The tube that all the factory wires are in is a plug..so there is no way (the only way I can think of is if you drill a hole in the plug where pins aren't being used)...Could you take a pic of what you've done? I'm just confused lol.

I didn't install a proximity sensor, but that should always be done in the middle of the car somwhere. I would recommend putting it somewhere in the center console around the parking brake area. The shock sensor, I just zip tied it to the wiring harness on the alarm...Works good enough. As for the brain, I just put it under the dash, but if you really want to do it right, I would put it behind the center dash (like behind the radio area somewhere)....it would be a lot of work, but nobody stealing the car would go through the effort to go to there. Then again, if they want to steal your car they will....which is why I'm just not going to go through that effort. My antennae is just mounted to the right of the rear view mirror right by the headliner. Haven't finished the alarm, so I'm not sure how the range is yet.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:54 PM
shift_6x

i forgot 1 thing you need to do. if you have the factory alarm, you NEED TO DISABLE IT. the only way i have found that would disable the factory alarm is to install a single pulse generator on the lock/unlock wires. if you haven't done that or something close to that i would HIGHLYL encourage you to, because your factory alarm ( i keep forgetting the name of the type of alarm nissan installs in the 350, it only goes off if the doors are unlocked w/out key) the factory alarm will still think the car is armed and your new alarm will end up setting off the factory alarm. you will be wondering why the f### is my horn honking and my lights flashing. if you have questions about how to get a single pulse generator or have a better way of doing that by all means let me know.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:58 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Thanks for the tip, guess we'll find out when I hook it up!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:10 PM
shift_6x

im probably not explaining the door wire thing right, i will go back to my car and see for myself, but i won't be able to until tomorrow morning, my significant other has the car today. if i can i will try and show you through some digital photos, i would really like to help out with this one, i really doubt that i had to drill i only drilled a couple of times (valet switch and the indicating light), i can't really think of what "plug" was there in the way, let me check tomorrow morning and i will definately have an answer for you on that one. the motion sensor and the proximity sensor i put both under the center console cup holders, but they aren't totallly secure, i am going to probably come back with some adhesive stuff or soemthing to keep them down. let me know how much range you get too once you get it fully installed. i liked that project on this car, it was definately challenging, it took me a couple of days to do the whole thing, i did the alarm the first day, then the remote start on the second day. too much bending under the steering wheel for kick plate access.

i will get back to you on the lock wires.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:35 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Sweet, I think pics will help!
Old 03-26-2004, 08:16 PM
rouxeny

I've always put the car in neutral and pulled the parking brake. I figure that's why it's called the parking brake. Rarely, if I'm on a steep hill, I'll put the car in first.