Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Infinity Basslink - Another Positive Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 11:08 AM
titanjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Infinity Basslink - Another Positive Review

After Circuit City installed my Alpine 9827 about 2 weeks ago, I decided it was time for more bass. I took my car back to them yesterday, and had them install the Basslink in the stock sub location (they had done this on numerous other Zs). They had the car for about 6 hours, and I picked it up not sure what to expect, after reading many positive reviews, but several negative as well.

Well after listening to the sub for several hours, I can say that I am VERY happy with it. I listen to a lot of trance and house music, and a lot of rap as well, and just about everything else. I'm happy with the bass that the Infinity produces. It is crystal clear, and actually hits pretty hard for a 10". I previously had a JL12W3 in the JL ProWedge box in my Acura Integra, and the Infinity isn't as boomy or deep as the JL (go figure), but it is very satisfying in the small interior of the 350. I'm still messing with the settings to find my favorite, but I give the Basslink an A.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:02 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey what a coincidence... I just got finished with mine.. It was a pain to mount but I put it in the cubby hole behind the driver seat as many others did here.. Total install took me about 6 hours spread over 3 days.

I successfully tapped the front speakers off the head unit.. and I also installed the "****" where the seat heater controls are.. Just finished tuning it and man that thing puts out a lot of bass for such a little unit!!! I'm impressed.. i didn't dynomat the hole either and there are no rattles I can feel the bass hit me in the back of the seat though..

I bought the Basslink and amp kit from circuit city..I know I overpaid but I wanted to be able to return it easily if something breaks..

--mike
Old 06-23-2004, 05:08 PM
titanjc

Exactly, that was my issue too...if that thing busts, I want somebody ELSE to take care of it haha. And yes, it definitely DOES get a nice little thump action going in the back of your seat.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:01 AM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

I love mine too. Just the right amount of bass for a nice, loud, balanced system. Only thing, I mounted my remote **** inbetween the gloveboxes so it is right between both seats. Not a smart idea. Gotta have six elbows to reach back there while driving.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:05 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Did anyone that put it in the stock sub location try to listen from the passenger seat? The bass seems to sound a little bit "fuller" to me from there..

Now that I got some decent bass, the thing I notice most is that the stock front speakers are almost totally devoid of any midrange.. and there is so much symbillence(spelling?) in the highs... Oh well, time to upgrade those too

--mike
Old 06-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Conceyted

Originally posted by leemik
Did anyone that put it in the stock sub location try to listen from the passenger seat? The bass seems to sound a little bit "fuller" to me from there..

Now that I got some decent bass, the thing I notice most is that the stock front speakers are almost totally devoid of any midrange.. and there is so much symbillence(spelling?) in the highs... Oh well, time to upgrade those too

--mike
I and 3 others actually have mounted them in the trunk. I think mounting it facing your windshield gives the bass a more fuller sound! I absolutly love mine, wouldnt trade it for the world!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Beaker02

Great to hear, getting ready to put mine in.