Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need Help getting focal K2P in my door

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 07:17 AM
JasZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help getting focal K2P in my door

I really need some help with my install. I have Focal K2P speakers and I have finally gotten them to mount into the door without hitting the window (the magnets on these things are just enourmous) using a large piece of 6" diameter PVC pipe that I cut at an appropriate angle. I already trimmed the plastic on the door down and I'm pretty much at the limit of fitting these things in the door.

The problem that I am having is that when I close my door when the window is down, it moves inside the door and hits the back of the speaker. I know there is a way to push the windows back slightly by adjusting two of the alignment bolts in the door, but I would really like to avoid doing so if at all possible. Any help that you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I am also looking for recommendations as to what to use for speaker grilles in the stock door locations. I am trying to use the Focal speaker grilles, but they may not fit just right. Is grille cloth the only/best alternative.

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys give me. This has taken so long to get this far and its going to take longer, but I hope the sound when I'm done makes it worth it.

Thanks,
JasZ