Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Xenarc 700 TSV BAD USB

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:05 PM
SIX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Xenarc 700 TSV BAD USB

Guys FYI,
I just recieved my screen and guess what. Bad USB cable. I did some research and found out that the Maker of the USB cable produced A batch of bad cables. Basicly, the USB wires are in the wrong order. The only way to fix the issue is to cut the usb cable and solder the correct wire Diagram. Dont get me wrong the screen is Awsome, for the exception of the USB cable. So now I am waitng for a reply form Xenarc on the Issue.
A good site that introduces this problem:

http://www.modthebox.com/review258_4.shtml
Old 12-05-2004, 09:42 AM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Xenarc 700 TSV BAD USB

Originally posted by SIX
Guys FYI,
I just recieved my screen and guess what. Bad USB cable. I did some research and found out that the Maker of the USB cable produced A batch of bad cables. Basicly, the USB wires are in the wrong order. The only way to fix the issue is to cut the usb cable and solder the correct wire Diagram. Dont get me wrong the screen is Awsome, for the exception of the USB cable. So now I am waitng for a reply form Xenarc on the Issue.
A good site that introduces this problem:

http://www.modthebox.com/review258_4.shtml

Did you ever get a resolution from Xenarc pertaining to this issue or did you just resolder it yourself? I'm looking at several Xenarc screens and possibly this one. I'm also looking at the YV and TS model as well. Do you know if the TS also has the same problem with the USB? Thanks.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:33 PM
SIX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was checking my connections again and found out that My USB cable connecting to the Motherboard was Bad. Not the Usb cable form Xenarc. They were prompt on responses to the Issue and offered to help in any way.