Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Got bored and redo my box

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 05:15 PM
tractng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got bored and redo my box

Guys,

Got bored this weekend and decided to redo my box (fourth one already).

It is going to be in the stock location (i refused to have it somewhere else, too many breakins).

So far, I have two coats. Once I put the baffle in, I am going to put 5 more layers of fiber. I justed sanded today. Also, I might fatmat the interior too. Cardboard used for the molding is part of the box. It has about .7 - .75 cubic feet.

Can anybody recommend me a sub for my new box? I am thinking of a JL 10w6v2, but i am open for suggestion. The box will have 7 inch mounting depth. The jl needs 6.9.

Right now I have an Infinity Perfect sub 10.1d. Its okay.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails Got bored and redo my box-box1.jpg  
Old 11-14-2004, 06:26 PM
dannichols

Nice Job! So you use a cardboard base to layer the matting around? Do you take it off or leave it in? I typically build the bottom first then use MDF sides wrapped in aluminum foil as a rigid support. I Build inward not out.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:47 PM
tractng

dannichols,

I lay the fiber around the cardboard. I will leave it on. The last box i built (was my first fiber job), It sounded great, but look ugly (hehe).

My last box, I used aluminum foil, but feel like i didn't need to this time. The aluminum foil was to keep the resin from going through the cardboard.

I used the pillars to support the baffle. I will screw the sides with drywall screw and use fiber to join the edges.

Tony

Last edited by tractng; 11-14-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:57 PM
dannichols

I like the look! One thing that helped me get around an ugly outside was to coat the outside and inside with Dupli-color Rubberized undercoating (professional series). Sounds wacky I know, but the stuff covers up all the fiberglass inconsistancies, it is harder than an armadillo, doesn't scrape off like paint, and it acts as a vibration dampener.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:51 AM
OgreDave

Image Dynamics IDMax, Adire Brahma, or Resonant Engineering XXX would kill that JL They should all fit into that box, IIRC. I think their depth is around 6.5in, but its almost 4am & my memory could be failing me.