Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Nismo Comes To ZTrack

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 11:12 PM
ZZZ-35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Comes To ZTrack

I had a pleasant surprise getting home from work last night

Will be fitting asap!!

Impression to follow

David
Attached Thumbnails Nismo Comes To ZTrack-nismo-s-tune.jpg  
Old 02-13-2004, 11:16 PM
ZZZ-35

More Pics
Attached Thumbnails Nismo Comes To ZTrack-nismo-s-tune-005.jpg  
Old 02-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Z350Lover

it looks cool man!!! your car should be lowered by quite a lot I would guess... Congrats! Please post some pictures when you have those on!

cheers,

richie
Old 02-14-2004, 03:43 AM
ottonove

very nice!!

can you tell me how think those shocks are?
its kinda look similar size to the OEM ones on the car

Im in the process of ordering some suspension parts for the car, but still hvnt decided which ones to go...
I really like the Bilstein PSS9 setup on my previous car, but its not yet available to the zed. So before they come out I may want to hv some lowering springs..... or if I should go get these Nismo or Tein Flex, or may be HKS.... decision decision...
Old 02-14-2004, 09:59 AM
apsilon

Looks good.

ottonove, do you know if the PSS9 is going to come out at all? Last time I checked they said no intention of releasing it for the Zed.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:16 PM
ottonove

Originally posted by apsilon
Looks good.

ottonove, do you know if the PSS9 is going to come out at all? Last time I checked they said no intention of releasing it for the Zed.
not sure, thats only what I hv in my last car and I love it, but Peter told me Bilstein (Japan?) already have suspension on the zed, tho I didnt ask which model it was
Old 02-14-2004, 01:26 PM
ottonove

did some search, and from Bilstein Japan a BSS kit is available, looks like a PSS system here (with no damping adjustment)
cost is A$3000+

edit: pic not working... wonking on it..

Last edited by ottonove; 02-14-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:35 PM
ottonove

the BPS is equivalent to our PSS9 and BSS to PSS
only the BSS is available to the Z33
Attached Thumbnails Nismo Comes To ZTrack-bilstein_z33.jpg  

Last edited by ottonove; 02-14-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:39 PM
ottonove

theres also a standard type dampers for the zed (comfort line)
Attached Thumbnails Nismo Comes To ZTrack-bilstein_z33_2.jpg  
Old 02-14-2004, 03:44 PM
apsilon

From my experience Bilstein Japan tend to over damp their setups so I'd be cautious on using their setup. Still, might be another option worth considering.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:28 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Z350Lover
it looks cool man!!! your car should be lowered by quite a lot I would guess...
S-Tune is suposed to lower 20mm but in reality it only lowers ~10mm. Got that info from AU my350z member who purchased it last year.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:45 AM
Z350Lover

machapman:

I read on the other section (wheels section) of this forum and Jeoff from Performance NIssan said that it is actually lowered than 20mm over a couple of weeks... and he warned people to take a look at his car before his customers purchase them...

cheers,

richie
Old 02-15-2004, 02:22 AM
mchapman

The photos look great.

Originally posted by Z350Lover
I read on the other section (wheels section) of this forum and Jeoff from Performance NIssan said that it is actually lowered than 20mm over a couple of weeks... and he warned people to take a look at his car before his customers purchase them...

Just passing on what info I found out.
I got my info from dixonbn who has a black track model with 19" Volk GT7's(very nice) from melbourne. It had been nearly a year so I think they had time to settle and he could still fit a packet of cigs under his guards with the S-Tune setup. I didnt want to risk the purchase and end up with a setup that wasnt low enough.

I also saw photos from a few sites that didnt mention anything about the height drop but showed photos and I couldnt tell it had been lowered at all. http://www.zchickz.com/s-tune1.htm

Last edited by mchapman; 02-15-2004 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:11 AM
ZZZ-35

mchapman

I purchased the Nismo setup, not for the 20mm advertised lowering but to fix the bounce, feathering and to improve the overall handling and feel of the car. I've been lucky enought to have driven dixonbn's Black Track and liked what it did plus with the Nismo body kit fitted to my car I have enough ground clearance problems, so if it only lower's it 10mm that ok with me.
Another plus is my insurance company did not increase my premium as it's a Nissan addon (it can be purchased through a Nissan dealer) plus it does not void my Nissan warranty.

David
Old 02-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Z350Lover

I know it is a pain is the a** with the nismo kits on.... it is a lot lower than the standard at both front and the side... dealer even has problem putting the car on the host and my front clearance is just less than 10cm at the moment with the nismo rubber lip on... so that's why I didn't opt for the nismo suspension kits as they will create more problems for me... but it will be good to see how the kits can improve the handling on david's car and also am quite interested in the sway bar set as well...

Waiting for your review mate David!

cheers and thanks!

richie
Old 02-15-2004, 03:13 PM
dixonbn

Haven't checked in for a few days ... Congrats David.

Can confirm that the Nismo kit only marginally lowers the ride height, and not by the claimed 20mm. Ditto for rest of David's comments.

If you want lowered ride height I'd just go for the Eibach springs which I am told are now available, but be warned as I am pretty sure you will need camber kits. For Melb people would recommend TruTrack in Nth Melb.

Brett.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:50 PM
mchapman

Originally posted by ZZZ-35
I purchased the Nismo setup, not for the 20mm advertised lowering but to fix the bounce, feathering and to improve the overall handling and feel of the car. I've been lucky enought to have driven dixonbn's Black Track and liked what it did plus with the Nismo body kit fitted to my car I have enough ground clearance problems, so if it only lower's it 10mm that ok with me.
Another plus is my insurance company did not increase my premium as it's a Nissan addon (it can be purchased through a Nissan dealer) plus it does not void my Nissan warranty.

Thats cool, I wasnt trying to deter you, I was just letting Z350Lover know what I had heard about the height.

Nissan australia wont actually honor NISMO parts as Nissan parts in regards to warranty. I contacted Nissan to ask these questions, BUT no performance parts will void your warrenty unless they are found to be the cause of the problem, then Nissan wont fix that problem under the warrenty.

So you dont have to worry about that unless the NISMO suspension are found to be responsible for the issue anyway.